Obesity is a disease that is caused by eating excessive calories than what your body uses. It is a growing case in the US until today. Since the introduction of artificial sweeteners, obesity becomes a concern. Your body deposits excessive amounts of fat when you eat foods with corn syrups.
What is corn syrup?
Corn syrup has undergone an enzymatic process that converts glucose into fructose. It is a synthetic version of sugar that eventually causes weight gain. Corn syrups have the same flavor as table sugar and also acts as preservatives. It is cheaper than other sweeteners and raw sugars.
Difference between corn syrup and sugar
Sugar has glucose and fructose that bond chemically. You must break down the sugar before it can enter your bloodstream. On the other hand, the glucose and fructose of the corn syrup blend. There is no need for your body to break down the sugar. The body absorbs them faster than the table sugar. Both sugar and corn syrup can result in weight gain during the HCG diet.
The risks of using high fructose corn syrup during the HCG diet
The average human consumes at least 60lbs of corn syrup in a year. The overwhelming consumption results in some health issues. The long-term effects of corn syrups are:
- Tooth decay
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart disease
Here is some risk of corn syrups during the HCG diet:
- Corn syrups have added sugar of all kinds that can ruin your HCG diet.
- Diabetes is one of the known effects of eating sugar. It can happen when the pancreatic damage continues.
- They contain toxins and mercury that cause memory loss, hypertension, and more.
- High fructose corn syrups boost fat production in all parts of your body.
- Corn syrups are processed foods that contain zero nutritional value.
- Corn syrup links to weight-related diseases and cancer.
Avoid eating anything that contains sugar as it causes weight gain. Obesity is one of the major concerns when you load too many foods that have corn syrups. Opt for healthy choices when you do the HCG diet. Avoid products that contain any forms of sugar to prevent weight gain. You can eat HCG-approved fruits as a substitute for corn syrups and sugar.
How to avoid sugar and corn syrups during the HCG diet?
- Read your food labels. Watch out for products that contain ingredients ending in “ose.” They are forms of sugar that spike up blood sugar levels during the HCG diet.
- Avoid eating in restaurants. The foods that they serve in diners are not HCG diet-friendly. They contain marinades, sugar, sauces, and other food chemicals that result in weight gain.
- You can use stevia. It is a natural substitute that adds flavor to your foods without putting more calories on your diet. Stevia is an allowable sweetener you cause during Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
- Avoid sugary drinks. The HCG diet does not permit soda, fruit juice, energy drinks, wine, and alcohol. They have loads of sugar and calories that ruin your HCG diet. Sugary beverages can trigger your appetite for sweet foods and cause pitfalls.