Weight loss is challenging when you are stuck on your unhealthy habits. To ensure weight loss on the HCG diet, you have to change your eating pattern to maintain a healthy appetite. Incorporate new eating strategies and weight loss management techniques to avoid compromising our health. Stick to the HCG diet protocol for maximum weight loss.
During the HCG diet, you can only eat 500 calories from healthy food groups. You cannot eat your unhealthy indulgences that contain fats, sugar, and carbs. Nonetheless, the calorie cut down on the HCG diet is not for deprivation but to improve your health as you lose weight. It will help you establish a healthy eating discipline and maintain a healthy appetite.
One of the effects of the HCG diet is appetite suppression. It helps you during the second phase and makes the VLCD bearable. The HCG diet helps in establishing healthy eating discipline and making better choices during the HCG diet. Keep your calorie intake low without compromising the nutritional balance of your body.
How to Suppress your Appetite Aside from Taking HCG?
- Eat regularly. Maintain your fullness by dividing the 500 calorie meal into five portions. It will give you something to eat and avoid unhealthy snacking. Smaller meals can also maintain your satiety and suppress your appetite throughout the day. Avoid binging on unhealthy treats as they affect your progress on the HCG diet.
- Maintain your hydration. You can drink water, unsweetened tea, and Coffee. Drink a glass of water before mealtime to avoid eating lots of food. Water sends appetite suppressing effects that help in reducing your calorie intake. Tea and Coffee also have a similar mechanism to water and, they also contain additional benefits for weight loss.
- Shift your attention. Sometimes, cravings can occur regardless if you are not hungry. Avoid eating foods when you have an emotional hunger. It can increase the fat deposition in your body and can lead to binge eating. Shift your attention to other activities that do not involve food. You can read a book, watch television, or play with your pet.
- Eat enough fiber. Vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber. It improves your satiety and suppresses your appetite during the VLCD. Increase your fiber intake by making vegetable soup and replace your unhealthy snacks with fruits. Fiber is essential for metabolism and proper digestion. It also prevents your body from accumulating fats and sugar.
- Exercise. It can suppress your appetite and reduce your cravings. Physical activity is permissible when you are not tired or hungry because it can consume energy. It can block the reward center of your brain and prevents occurrences of food cravings. Incorporate a low-intensity exercise to boost your metabolic rate.
- Administer the HCG. Ensure that you are taking the HCG dosage as per prescription to keep your calorie intake low. It can send appetite suppressing effects and maximizes your weight loss. The HCG also provides a boost of energy. Administer your dosage in combination with a 500 calorie intake per day. Inform your doctor when hunger persists for a week or two to adjust the dosage.