You can eat flavorful foods without adding calories to your meal during the HCG diet. The more flavor you can pack into your meal, the lesser you feel any deprivation. The VLCD during the HCG diet does not mean you will eat bland foods throughout the program. Eating bland foods can cause food cheating because your brain will seek the rewarding flavor.
Losing weight is challenging as you have to cut down all the unhealthy food indulgences. Imagine not having ice cream, pizza, and donuts for several weeks. Isn’t it is intimidating at first? Nonetheless, cutting down on unhealthy foods on the HCG diet can improve your overall health. Prepare your appetite as you begin eating healthy foods. Luckily, there are herbs and spices you can have to boost your recipe without adding calories.
HCG Diet Approved Herbs and Spices
- Garlic. It metabolizes carbs and fats in the body by breaking down cholesterol. You can use powdered garlic but ensure it does not contain starch.
- Ginseng. It can help in weight loss and, it also stimulates energy levels. Ginseng increases the speed of your metabolic rate during the HCG diet.
- Turmeric. It is familiar in most countries in the Asian region. Turmeric has antioxidant that promotes recovery of the liver and reduce fat storage.
- Balck pepper. It blocks the formation and deposition of fat cells in your body. Adding black pepper to your food helps in burning more calories and suppressing your appetite.
- Cayenne Pepper. Similar to black pepper, it boosts fat burning and reduces your intake of calories. Cayenne pepper also helps in zapping belly fats.
- Ginger. It promotes weight loss and suppresses your appetite. Ginger can produce thermic effects and improves your metabolism. Drinking ginger tea can alleviate stomach pain and promotes digestion.
- Thyme. It contains loads of vitamin C that can boost your immune system and promotes weight loss. Thyme contains low calories and, it is permissible during the VLCD. It is also a source of copper, manganese, and fiber.
- Mint. It is rich in nutrients and improves bowel movement. Constipation is a typical side effect of the HCG diet. You can drink a glass of water with mint leaves to relieve constipation and improve digestion. Mint can produce freshness and improve your brain function. It can also suppress your appetite during the second phase of the HCG diet.
- Parsley. You can use parsley as a natural diuretic. It reduces bloating and constipation. Using parsley during the HCG diet helps in managing your blood pressure. It has loads of vitamin K that supports bone growth.
- Rosemary. It has antioxidants that prevent inflammation. Rosemary can improve blood circulation and boost your metabolism. It improves memory, alertness, and other brain functions. You can add them to grilled lean meat.
Keep your calorie intake low and ensure you use fresh herbs and spices. Avoid buying prepacked products in the market because most of them contain starch. Avoid using garlic powder and pepper from the grocery store because most of them contain starch. Weigh your food choices before cooking to keep your calorie intake low.