The food products that contain many ingredients are considered processed. These are the food choices that already have chemicals because and it already undergoes processing. Adding chemicals to foods will lower its nutritional value. It can harm your overall health which includes your wealth. Food chemicals and other ingredients are added to preserve, improve the flavor and appeal of the food. These food ingredients are dangerous for your HCG diet.
Processed foods include unhealthy levels of sugar, salt, preservatives, food flavoring, and other industrial ingredients. It makes food taste better but it puts your health at risk. Too much-processed foods lead to serious diseases such as obesity, heart diseases, high blood sugar, hypertension, and even cancer. Too many processed foods cause weight gain and weight-related diseases.
What is bad about processed foods during the HCG diet?
Processed foods are banned during the HCG diet. This is because it sabotages the work of HCG in burning your body fats. It also leads to unhealthy fat deposits. It may taste delicious but it is unhealthy. It is bad for your health because it leads you to eat too much than what is needed in your body. It is high in calories which may be a possible threat for your VLCD.
How will you know if the food you have is already processed?
The foods that are considered as processed are the raw products that undergo pasteurizing, blanching, and cooking. You are also not allowed to have foods that are canned, frozen, dried, mixed, and some of the packed foods. Do not purchase the packed foods that have a long list of ingredients. Avoid foods that have sugar, MSG, food flavoring, food color, trans fats, saturated fats, and cholesterol
How to avoid purchasing processed foods on the HCG diet?
Adapt the new eating habits and food choices on the HCG diet to avoid processed foods. This allows for healthy foods such as organic and freshly picked veggies and fruits. You also have to check food labels in each purchase to see the number of calories and other ingredients present in each package. Be wise in your choices if you are doing your grocery shopping. Always refer to the diet food list for a healthier choice.
What are the effects of processed foods on your body?
The effects of processed foods on your body are linked to weight gain and other weight-related diseases. Diseases such as cancer, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and obesity are the few effects of processed foods in your body. This is because of the highly industrialized food chemicals that are added. They are low in vitamins and other nutrients. These food choices may satisfy you but it does not bring any benefits to your health.
Ways to avoid process foods on the P2 of the HCG diet
- Prepare your meals at home– Being busy with other things is not an excuse in preparing your meals at home. Avoid having food delivered right in front of you. Cook at home to be able to have the right food choices that will help you lose weight. Cooking food at home prevents you from purchasing unhealthy foods from restaurants and food chains. It also helps you develop good eating habits during the VLCD.
- Choose organic foods– Instead of buying packed foods or consuming your time in reading food labels you can simply have organic food choices. Organic food choices are those foods that are fresh and do not undergo hormonal derivation, breeding, added growth hormones, etc. It is more nutritious than the common food products you can buy in the market. It has a single ingredient that may also help the HCG in burning your body fats.
- Be accountable to everything- This means that every food choices you eat you are accountable. The outcome in reaching your weight loss goal depends on your choices. Be smart in choosing foods and in making other choices especially during the VLCD. Avoid foods that are high in calories to prevent problems in reaching your weight loss goal.
- Distance yourself from foods– If you are going somewhere avoid places that have foods such as food chains, food parks, food festivals, and even celebrations or parties. Stay away from sources of unhealthy foods to avoid temptation and emotional hunger.
- Avoid prolonged hunger– Eat right away when you are physically hungry. Do not wait until you starve yourself. Prolonged hunger will put you at risk of buying foods from restaurants and food chains. Prolonged hunger can also trigger emotional stress. This is a type of stress that is caused by hunger. This will lead you to eat processed foods that are appealing to your taste.
The list of the allowed foods for P2 of the HCG diet
- Turkey and chicken breast
- Lean beef meat or veal
- Egg white and non-fatty fish
- Cod, crab meat, shrimp, and lobster
- Asparagus, beet greens, and broccoli
- Cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, and onion
- Zucchini, red radish, tomato, and celery
- Fennel, garlic, cucumber, and lettuce
- Black pepper, basil, cinnamon, and chili
- Limes, oranges, and grapefruits
- Apple, peach, strawberries, and pears
Drinks that are not allowed during the HCG diet
The HCG diet does not just restrict your intake on solid food but also with drinks. This is because most of the beverages and drinks have high levels of liquid calories which can affect your weight loss. Most of these are beverages such as soda, fruit juices, energy drinks, weight loss soda, and alcoholic beverages. This liquid has calories that do not register directly in your system but can cause the rapid storing of fats. This is because of the high sugar and other ingredients.
You are only allowed to have water, tea, and coffee. It must be free from sugar and creamer. You are also allowed to have 1 tablespoon of milk for the entire day on your VLCD. If you want to have sweet coffee or you want to add flavor to your cup of tea you can try stevia. This is a natural sweetener that is safe for your VLCD. Stevia is used as a substitute for sugar.