Protein is one of the macronutrients that are needed to build your cells. It is also essential to build strong muscle mass and bone. Protein is commonly found in animal products such as lean meats. It can also be found in plant-based sources such as nuts and legumes. The HCG diet has allowed specific selection of protein. You have to incorporate this every day during the VLCD.
Protein on the HCG diet
The protein choices on the HCG diet are healthy and have no fat. It does not interact with the work of HCG in burning your body fats. The HCG diet requires any protein used on the diet to have all visible fat removed. You must have 200 grams of protein every day. Portions and calories must be controlled to avoid exceeding the allocated calories per day.
Benefits of the HCG diet approved protein
- Chicken breast- One of the best sources of protein is chicken breast. It can also stabilize your blood sugar for several hours while on the HCG diet. Chicken breast has low calories per hour and it is so filling. It is rich in minerals such as selenium as well as copper, zinc, and iron. Chicken breasts are also rich in vitamin B3, B6, and B12. These vitamins are important for metabolism and blood cell maintenance.
- White Fish- The reason why it is allowed during the HCG diet is that it is low in fats. Whitefish is a regular source of omega 3 fatty acids which improve your cardiovascular health. It can normalize blood pressure levels. Thus, lower cholesterol levels and can help you lose weight.
- Crabmeat- Crab meat is low in calories per ounce. It is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids like chicken and whitefish. Crabmeat help maintains your cardiovascular health. This is also helpful in boosting your metabolism and focus during the HCG diet phase 2.
- Lobster- This provides several vitamins and it is a great source of lean protein. Lobster also contains antioxidants, zinc, and magnesium. It can help in maintaining kidney functions and can reduce arthritis pain.
- Lean beef meat- One of the greatest sources of high-value proteins are lean beef meat. It helps in repairing your tissues and cells. Protein renews your cells that are affected by a wide range of illnesses. This is necessary for the better function of your immune system. Lean beef meat increases your metabolism and improves fullness during the HCG diet Phase 2.
How to prepare the HCG diet approved protein sources?
- Purchase organically raised protein as much as possible. Avoid processed meats because it stops you from losing weight.
- The protein used for the HCG diet must be weighed raw. Avoid cooking them with cooking oil or butter. It is better to have them boiled, grilled, or steamed.
- You can also marinade the lean proteins by using freshly squeezed lemon juice and natural spices.
- You can also bake the crab meat or the white fish using your oven. You can add herbs to improve the aroma of the food.