The serving size and calorie intake vary on what stage you are on the HCG diet. Start cutting your calorie intake during the second phase of the HCG diet. Avoid combining several food choices in one serving to prevent having additional calories. Administer the HCG injections every day and maintain the 500 calorie intake throughout the second phase.
The second phase of the HCG diet permits lean meats as protein sources. Eat at least 200 grams of lean protein every day and combine it with fresh fruits and vegetables. Track your calorie intake and maintain proper food portioning to avoid weight gain. If you are a beginner on the HCG diet, stick to the protocol to avoid food temptations.
Here is a sample meal plan on phase 2 of the HCG diet
- Breakfast: Unsweetened coffee. You can also add a tablespoon of milk powder.
- Lunch: 50 grams of lean fish meat and 50 grams of cottage cheese. For the vegetable portion, you can have a bowl of lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
- Afternoon snack: medium-sized apple and a small bowl of celery
- Dinner: 100 grams of chicken breast and steamed vegetables. Grill or steam the chicken meat and avoid adding oils.
- Breakfast: A cup of tea or water. If you incorporate an exercise routine, you can make a spinach smoothie. But avoid adding sugar.
- Lunch: Grilled lean beef meat with salt and pepper. Add a bowl of leafy vegetables and some soup. The meat choice should weigh 100 grams before grilling and ensure to remove the visible fats.
- Afternoon snack: Melba toast or Grissini
- For dinner: Get one fruit of your choice, a bowl of vegetables, and another 100 grams of lean meat. Avoid frying or adding fats to your meal to prevent weight gain.
- Breakfast: A cup of tea or coffee. Administer the HCG injection before eating to suppress your appetite and kick start your metabolism.
- Lunch: a bowl of cucumber or other vegetables of your choice. You can also make chicken breast soup. Avoid using lots of salt to prevent weight gain.
- Afternoon snack. One melba toast and grapefruit.
- For dinner: Make some Cauliflower rice and 100 grams of baked shrimp. You can also have a handful of strawberries and tomatoes.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal and water.
- Lunch: 100 grams of a lobster roll. Crabmeat is also permissible during the second phase of the HCG diet. Add some asparagus and zucchini for vegetable options.
- Afternoon snack: Orange
- Dinner: 100 grams of fish meat and, if it is not available, you can have lean beef. You can also have a medium-sized apple and some leafy greens.
- Breakfast: A cup of coffee or tea.
- Lunch: a bowl of Spinach salad but, avoid adding salad dressings. Use lemon juice and pepper instead of fatty salad creams. You can also grill or broil 100 grams of fish meat. Eat a handful of strawberries or other berries.
- Afternoon snack: Cucumber salad
- For dinner: Serve a steamed lobster or crabmeat with green vegetables. You can have broccoli, asparagus, chard, and celery.