The body stores extra calories as fat and burns them later when you perform physical activities. An inactive lifestyle affects your weight because your body tends to burn fewer calories than accumulating them. As a result, you are gaining weight faster than losing them. Several factors affect your weight. Most of them are due to your way of loading.
There are several pitfalls to avoid in reaching a maximum weight loss during the HCG diet. Pay attention to the items you load because even the tiniest mistake can affect the HCG. Stick to the diet protocol during the HCG diet to ensure a healthy weight loss.
Weight loss is not only about taking the HCG injections at the same time each day. It also involves eating discipline and portion control. Put attention to the ingredients you add to your foods because most of them can cause unexpected weight gain.
During the HCG Diet, Pay Attention to These Things:
- Spices and Seasonings. They are the ones that boost the taste of your foods and make them appealing to your taste buds. But, ensure that they will not stimulate your appetite during the VLCD. Avoid adding seasonings that contain oils, fats, sugar, and starch. Opt for natural and organic choices as possible.
- Sweeteners. The frequent reminder on the HCG diet is to avoid sugar at all costs because it leads to weight gain. When you avoid sugar, it does not mean that you can substitute it with other sweeteners. Beware of unhealthy sweeteners in the market because they have similar effects to table sugar. The HCG permits stevia as a substitute for sweeteners.
- Medicines and steroids. The medications for hypertension and diabetes may also interfere with the HCG. Let your doctor know about it before starting the regimen. You can adjust the dosage to avoid interfering with each other. Avoid taking medications that contain oils and steroids without consulting your diet doctor. Avoid stopping your treatment without informing your physician. You can do the HCG diet once you recover to prevent health issues.
- The meat portion. Take caution on your protein of choice because most of the options contain fats. Ensure to remove the visible fats and weigh them raw to prevent weight gain. Avoid buying ground beef meat because they contain fats. Opt for the leanest cut to ensure better weight loss results on the HCG diet.
- You fail to portion your food. It is essential to manage your calorie intake during the second phase of the HCG diet. When you are not portioning your meals, it leads to weight loss pitfalls. Weigh your meal every time you eat and use smaller serving wares to avoid eating more than 500 calories.
Track your Daily Weight Loss Results
The results of the HCG diet are visible almost every day. You can see the progress every morning when you weigh yourself. Track your weight loss and write them in your diet journal. It will help you determine the pitfalls of weight gain. Record your daily weigh-ins so you can see which aspect needs development.