One of the causes of growing obesity in the US is sugar. When you give in to your sweet tooth cravings, you tend to load foods that contain lots of sugar. Cravings for sugary-rich foods and sweets treats are typical to everybody. An occasional indulgence is necessary as it is part of being a person. But, on the HCG diet, there is no room for cravings.
You cannot give in to sweet tooth cravings as it ruins your weight loss on the HCG diet. Any forms of sugar are not allowable except for the sugar content in permissible fruit choices on the HCG diet.
What Triggers Sweet Tooth Cravings?
Most of the sweet tooth cravings stem from a blood sugar imbalance. When your body absorb sugar, it increases blood sugar levels. As a result, it produces insulin to lower the sugar. When your blood sugar reduces to its lowest level, your cravings will occur and leads you to eat foods that increase your energy.
Sweet Tooth Cravings on the HCG Diet
Are your cravings psychological or habitual? You should figure out the trigger of your sweet tooth cravings because you can use it as a line of defense. When the cause of your sweet tooth cravings is your habits, start to make changes to the HCG diet. It will help you lose as much weight as possible.
Here are ways for you to deal with sweet tooth cravings:
- Handle food temptations. Decline the temptation of sugary foods when you attend gatherings or go outside.
- Avoid getting stuff in the vending machines to reduce your risk of weight gain.
- Control your blood sugar levels. Prevent the spiking of blood sugar by eating healthy foods that are permissible on the HCG diet. Opt for protein-rich foods or foods with fiber to maintain your satiety.
- Avoid sugary beverages and sweet snacks to maintain the blood sugar in your system.
- Avoid sugar-rich foods and starch when you start taking the HCG shots to prevent cravings.
- Spice up your meal with flavorful herbs to remove the feeling of total deprivation. You can use Stevia as a substitute for sugar and other sweeteners on the HCG diet.
- Split your meals and use the fruit option as a substitute for your sugary snacks during the HCG diet.
- Drink lots of water and wait for 20 minutes because cravings will not last long. Water helps you overcome your desire for sweet foods during the VLCD.
- Go for other activities than involving foods. You can watch TV, clean your room, or read a book instead of focusing on your cravings.
- You can also consider exercise to increase your brain focus and avoid consuming foods that contain sugar.
- Avoid skipping your meals to prevent the occurrences of cravings due to deprivation.
Cutting your sweet to cravings is not easy but, it will be worth it when you see your weight loss results. Sugar addiction has no room on the HCG diet and, you can avoid them when you commit yourself to follow the protocol.