Snacking in the evening is one of the contributors of weight gain. This is dangerous during the HCG diet. Snacking in the evening causes your body to most likely store more calories. This can also be a root cause of other health issues. You have to avoid this habit during the HCG diet especially on the VLCD. You have to do some healthy ways to stop your habit of snacking at night.
What happens when you snack at night?
Snacking at night can cause health issues such as heartburn and difficulties in sleeping. It can also affect metabolism and digestion. Snacking at night also affects the flow of nutrients in your body. It can cause acid reflux and give your body a surge of energy which can make sleeping almost impossible. If you feel any physical hunger pains at night choose to snack on light foods such as fruits.
Snacking in the evening regularly can be a potential cause of rapid weight gain. It can also directly affect the mechanism of the HCG in your body. Snacking at night can spike up blood sugar levels and leads to the frequent occurrence of cravings. There are a few things you can do to stop this habit on the HCG diet.
Things you can do to stop snacking at night during the HCG diet
- Keep junk foods away- To avoid snacking, keep unhealthy foods out of the fridge and pantry. If you have easy access to junk foods you are always tempted to eat them. Instead of having junk foods in your storage, you can fill it with fruits. Throw away all the processed foods in your kitchen and stay as healthy as possible.
- Snack on whole foods- Whole foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables are great snack substitute. If you feel hungry at night you can grab a whole fruit such as an apple. Keep your portions limited as possible. You have to maintain hydration to avoid frequent occurrence of hunger.
- Drink water- Your body sometimes misleads hunger for dehydration. When you feel hungry you have to drink water first and wait for a couple of minutes. Do not move around or do any heavy activities to avoid energy loss.
- Do not eat foods out of boredom- Eating in response to boredom has consequences. It makes your mind active and causes insomnia. Find other chores that do not include foods. Eating in response to boredom can also lead to mindless loading o foods. This will eventually lead you to eat too many foods during the very low-calorie phase.
- Maintain your HCG shots– The HCG is responsible for suppressing your appetite. It can also curb hunger and cravings. The HCG will reset your metabolism and keeps you full even in the low-calorie intake. Have your HCG shots at the same time each day to reach greater weight loss.
- Avoid eating dinner too early- Eating dinner too early makes you hungry in the long run. The right time to eat dinner is 4 to 5 hours before bedtime. You include lean meat and vegetables for your dinner to keep your stomach full.