One of the known causes of weight gain is overeating. It happens when you eat out of boredom. Dullness triggers your cravings and makes you think of foods the entire period. It results in snacking without thinking of the payback. During the HCG diet, you need to control your calorie intake.
Avoid unnecessary eating during the second phase of the HCG diet. Any pitfall, regardless of how small, can lead to weight gain. Eliminate your comfort foods in the storage to avoid cravings. Eating out of boredom is linking your emotions. It only means that it is a part of emotional eating.
How will you avoid eating out of boredom during the HCG diet?
Know your appetite and habits to avoid binge-eating sessions. Avoid some boredom-related eating by:
- Think before you eat. Take a break and listen to body signals. Determine if you are or not hungry. Take note that boredom triggers your appetite. Eating foods right away without thinking leads to weight loss pitfalls. Find the right balance on when you should eat or stop. Avoid eating foods when your stomach is full.
- Drink a glass of water before you eat. Dehydration is one of the known reasons for hunger. If you are not drinking water, you are at risk of overeating. Mild to moderate dehydration can stimulate your appetite. Drinking water alleviates the sensation of being hungry. Water also takes off excess calories.
- Stay busy. When you are doing something, you will not mind your favorite treats. Go for a walk outside your house when your craving occurs. When you do nothing, there is a chance of boredom. Work on cleaning your room or read a book. In this way, you can avoid eating out of boredom.
- Avoid watching television when you eat. Eating while watching a TV show is a bad habit. It shifts your attention and leads you to overeat. Get the proper sizes and ensure it is healthy when you eat while watching television.
- Avoid unhealthy foods in your storage. Eating unhealthy foods has worst effects than eating out of boredom. Fill your storeroom with organic products. Even when you’re in boredom, it will not be a problem if you grab some foods from your storage.
What are the foods you can snack on Phase 2 of the HCG diet?
To keep your metabolism going, eat healthy options. Snacking is not a problem when you do it right. Grab some of these items when you get hungry:
- Bowl of spinach
- Eat 50 grams of lean protein
- Drink a freshly-squeezed lemon juice with stevia
- Have some healthy soup
- Eat a handful of berries
One way to avoid weight gain is to eat filling meals. Opt for vegetables and fruits that are rich in fiber. It keeps your satiety longer. Ensure you are eating enough protein to curb hunger. Start to change your bad habits during the VLCD. Follow a healthy meal pattern to prevent eating out of boredom.