A high metabolic rate plays a role in the HCG diet and overall fitness. Metabolism is the process of converting the food you eat into energy. If your metabolic rate is high, it also increases the fat-burning rate in your body. Unhealthy foods can slow down your metabolic rate and, as a result, you will gain weight.
Weight gain happens when your calorie-burning muscle turns into fat due to a lower metabolic rate. Take note that your metabolic rate influences your weight. When you increase your metabolic rate, it aids in reaching your weight loss goal.
Metabolism on the HCG Diet
The HCG diet is a low-fat and low-calorie diet. It resets your metabolic rate to increase the fat-burning process in your body. Combine the daily shots of HCG injections with a very low-calorie intake per day. The HCG resets a specific region of your brain that is responsible for controlling the metabolic rate. It also suppresses your appetite to stave off hunger on the second phase of the HCG diet.
Tips to Speed Up Metabolism Aside from the HCG Injections
- Maintain the VLCD. One of the better steps in increasing your metabolic rate is cutting down the calorie intake. It will give your body a break from receiving unhealthy food ingredients that slows down your weight loss. The 500 calorie intake complies with the original protocol and, if you follow the modern version, you can eat 800 calories per day.
- Avoid skipping breakfast. You cannot eat solid foods for breakfast on the VLCD phase but, it does not mean you can skip it. During the second phase of the HCG diet, you can drink a cup of tea or coffee for breakfast. It will help you start your day and kick your metabolism to start working. You can also split your fruit intake to have something for breakfast.
- Load more protein. A protein-rich diet can help in boosting the metabolic rate and ensure satiety during the VLCD. Protein plays a role in the HCG diet because it increases fat-burning and preserves muscle mass. Get calories from lean cuts of beef meat, chicken, shrimp, crab, fish, and lobster. They are the richest source of protein from all food groups.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep gives your body a hard time processing carbs. An adequate time of sleep per day can boost your metabolic rate and prevents hunger during the daytime. It also increases your energy levels during the VLCD. It also prevents stress and fatigue.
- Avoid alcohol. Take note that a bottle of an alcoholic beverage contains 200 calories. What more when you consume a bottle or two? Alcohol stimulates your appetite and increases the fat deposition in your body. Avoid alcoholic beverages because they contain sugar that can interfere with the work of HCG.
During the HCG diet, ensure that you take your HCG injections for rapid fat-burning. Consume at least 500 calories for the original protocol and 800 calories if you follow the modern approach. Get most of your calories from approved products on the HCG diet.