Protein is essential for weight loss. It increases metabolism and prevents hunger during the second phase of the HCG diet. Protein is a chain of amino acids that is vital in the human frame. It helps in building muscle, tissue and improves your skin health. Protein also maintains your bone health during rapid weight loss.
Protein manages your hunger and holds your appetite until the next meal. The thermic effect of protein can boost the fat-burning and breaks down energy for your body. The more protein intake, the less likely you get hungry on the VLCD. Protein allows the body to release fats and converts them into the fuel during the second phase of the diet. It also promotes digestion and prevents bloating.
How Much Protein Can You Eat on the 800 Calorie Diet on VLCD?
When you follow the 800 calorie VLCD plan, you can eat at least 200 to 250 grams of protein per day. But, some dieters often make it to 300 grams without gaining weight. Nonetheless, when you are not hungry, you can eat at least 150 grams of protein per day. Ensure that you are taking the HCG shots before cutting your calorie intake to avoid hunger pain.
Eat protein every day to avoid other weight loss issues. Consider your body weight and your goal in setting meal portions to prevent overeating. You can also cut down your 800 calorie meal and ensure that each food portion contains at least 30 grams of protein. It will give you something to eat when without additional calories on your diet. You can eat protein to alleviate mid-afternoon hunger.
The Protein Choices on the 800 Calorie Diet on HCG
- Sugar-free protein powder and shakes.
- Low-fat cheese
- Eggs/ egg whites
- Chicken breast
- Lean pork meat
You can also get protein from vegetable options. Nonetheless, ensure to keep your portion sizes low on the HCG diet to avoid gaining weight. Weigh the protein of your choices before cooking and remove the visible fats.
Hunger is a weight loss killer during the HCG diet. But, loading more protein-rich foods helps you manage hunger and reset your appetite for healthy weight loss. During the HCG diet, ensure that you are eating green and leafy vegetables to increase your satiety.
Other Weight Loss Tips on the 800 Calorie Version of the HCG Diet
- It is acceptable to skip the Melba toast and Grissini during the second phase but, avoid reducing your protein intake.
- You can portion your 800 calorie meal into six to grab something when you get hungry.
- Avoid adding sugar on permissible protein powders on the HCG diet. You can use stevia as a substitute for sugar but keep your portions low.
- Avoid combining different protein options in one serving to prevent adding calories.
- Eat protein-rich foods after your exercise routine. You can incorporate push-ups, walking, and running.
- Eat vegetables and fruits to get enough nutrients in combination with protein for your VLCD.