Protein is a macronutrient that is in lean meat and, it is essential to building muscle mass. It is also present in plant sources that help vegetarians get an adequate amount of protein every day. Protein provides calories that your body uses as fuel to function. The food sources of protein are cottage cheese and lean cuts of:
What is the Role of Protein on your HCG Diet?
Protein has numerous roles in the body but, the main job is to build muscles and tissues. As you lose weight through the HCG diet, protein coordinates your body functions and increases your muscle mass. It helps the HCG in keeping the structural framework of your muscles during the rapid fat burning.
Lean Meats as the Permissible Protein Source on the HCG Diet
It helps in powering the chemical reactions in your body for proper blood flow. The basic structure of the protein in lean meats contains amino acids that increase cell growth and repair tissues. It is essential in growth and weight loss during the second phase of the HCG diet.
Chicken Breast as one of the Protein Sources of the HCG Diet
The best cut of protein for the HCG diet is chicken breast. It has fewer calories than other cuts of meat. You can get the most protein that is essential for weight loss and building muscle. It is healthy food to choose when you are shedding pounds and following an exercise program.
During the HCG diet, you can eat at least 200 grams of lean meat every day to ensure satiety. Here are the additional functions of protein from the chicken breast on the HCG Diet:
- It increases the growth and preservation of tissues.
- It releases chemical reactions you need for digestion and the production of energy.
- Protein increases the enzymes in your body that prevents blood clots.
- It acts as a messenger and transmits information and signals in your tissues and cells.
- It provides structure, strength, and elasticity of bones and muscle during the HCG diet.
- It balances your body’s fluid and balances your blood pressure and sugar levels.
- It fights against diseases and keeps your health during rapid weight loss.
- Provides energy and transports nutrients in your body during the VLCD.
Sample Chicken Breast Recipe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet
The Garlic Chicken Breast
This recipe contains 170 calories.
- 100 grams of chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- ¼ teaspoon of HCG diet approved onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Pepper and salt to taste
How to prepare?
- Wash the meat and cut it into the desired sizes.
- Add the chicken and the rest of the ingredients in a ziplock bag.
- Shake the bag and ensure that the marinade coats the chicken meat.
- Put the marinade in your refrigerator for 30 minutes. You can also allow setting for 24 hours.
- Remove the meat and grill on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve the meat along with your vegetable choice.