Rapid weight loss starts when you substitute your unhealthy foods with the protocol compliance items. Exert some time and effort on following the diet plan and feed your body with nutritious foods.
During the HCG diet, you cannot pick whatever food you want and eat them anytime. You need to follow a meal plan to control your calorie intake. Take note that the second phase of the HCG diet only permits 500 calories per day.
In achieving your weight loss goal, you need to eat fewer calories. Administer the HCG injections every day to increase fat-burning. Put healthy foods on top of your priority list.
What are the Foods to Avoid During the HCG Diet?
- Sweets. Avoid eating candy, chocolate, ice cream, cake, and cookies because they have loads of sugar. Added sugar in your foods can stop the mechanism of the HCG in burning fats. One bite of the chocolate bar can ruin your weight loss. Focus on what you eat during the fat-burning phase. They have loads of calories but contain the lowest nutritional value.
- Multi-grain bread. A slice or two of multi-grain bread can slow down your weight loss on the HCG diet. Avoid eating white bread or any baked treats that contain refined flour. Multi-gain bread contains excessive amounts of sugar and carbs that can cause weight gain. There are substitutes you can eat on the HCG diet to prevent the feeling of deprivation. Opt for a healthy food substitute as per the protocol.
- High fiber snack bars. Processed snack ars are unhealthy for the HCG diet. Regardless if it is labeled “healthy or fiber-rich, it is still better to opt for natural sources. Choose organic vegetables and fruits because they contain loads of fiber that help in rapid weight loss.
- Processed beverages. Take the HCG diet seriously to reach your weight loss goals on time. Avoid sugary drinks as they are the culprits of obesity and weight-related diseases. Fruit juices, alcohol, soda, wine, and energy drinks contain artificial ingredients that stop you from losing weight.
- Sugar-free products. Avoid all the products in the market that are “sugar-free” because most of them are misleading. These are products that do not contain sugar but have loads of artificial sweeteners. They have the same effects as sugar. It attracts consumers to purchase ad believe that they are healthy options. Sugar-free products that gone through processing can cause cravings.
- High-sodium foods. Ensure that you check the label of each item before buying during the VLCD. Avoid foods that have loads of sodium to prevent water retention. High-sodium foods increase your appetite n unhealthy foods and give you a hard time dealing with cravings. Avoid soy sauce, processed foods, canned products, seasoning salt, and salted treats.
Stick to low-calorie foods on the HCG diet. Refer to the diet food list if you are not sure about a specific item. Take time with the foods you eat and avoid eating in a hurry because you are not in a race. Avoid counteracting starvation with fatty foods because it can stop your progress on the HCG diet.