Eating the right foods keeps you healthy as you lose weight. When you go for a grocery run, pick the acceptable foods while taking HCG injections. Pick up some powerhouse foods that will reduce illnesses. Inform your physician before trying the HCG diet to have medical supervision about any health concerns.
The approved foods during the HCG diet are generally organic, fresh, and low in calories. They are the opposite of your daily indulgences that leads you to gain weight. Avoid eating fatty and sugary foods during the second phase of the HCG diet because they interfere with your progress.
The second phase of the HCG diet permits two Foremost meals. For your lunch and dinner meals, ensure to have equal portion sizes to maintain your calorie intake. You can have 200 grams of lean protein per day, two vegetables, and fruits. Avoid eating starchy vegetables and dried fruits to avoid adding more calories to your diet. Maintain healthy food choices to assist your overall health during the VLCD.
The HCG Diet Approved Foods that Reduces Illnesses
- Salmon. You can have this during the loading days of the HCG diet. A lean cut of salmon contains healthy fats that improve heart health and blood vessels. The omega-3 fatty acids prevent you from hypertension and, it also has loads of protein. You can also eat a reasonable amount of salmon during the HCG diet as a meat substitute.
- Cheese. Cottage cheese is permissible during the VLCD as a substitute when lean meats are not available. You can have 100 grams of cheese but avoid doing it every day. You can also load more than 100 grams during Phase 1 of the HCG diet to prepare your fat stores. Cottage cheese contains protein and minerals that prevent heart disease.
- Broccoli. It is known as a superfood due to its nutritional value and is low in calories. Broccoli contains vitamins C, K, and fiber. Vitamin C maintains collagen production and boosts your immune system. Vitamin K can also prevent blood clotting and improves digestion. You can eat a bowl of broccoli during the second phase of the HCG diet. Broccoli also contains potassium that helps with heart contractions.
- Spinach. It contains fiber that improves satiety and prevents constipation. Spinach contains lots of nutrients and minerals that keep your body healthy on the HCG Diet. It can also alleviate oxidative stress and holds your appetite until the next meal. Spinach contains nutrients that maintain bone and skin health during rapid fat-burning.
- Whole grain. It is permissible on phase one of the HCG and after the VLCD. They are rich in fiber and prevents constipation. Whole grains also help maintain your weight loss after the fat-burning phase. It also reduces cholesterol and other health concerns.
- Lean meats. Protein plays a role during the HCG diet. It maintains satiety and preserves your muscle mass. Eating protein-rich foods during the HCG diet assists in fat-burning and reduce your risk of weight-related diseases. It also increases your energy without adding more calories to your diet.