Stress is an easy thing to handle during the HCG diet. A high stress level can delay the mechanism of HCG in burning your fats. It triggers your body to put on weight regardless you eat fewer calories. Stress can also contribute to triggers of overeating and cravings.
Maintaining a healthy meal plan is essential during the HCG diet. It includes the foods that you can eat to increase your weight loss. Opt for food that helps in flushing out toxins and increases your metabolic rate. Avoid the items that accumulate body fat triggers high stress levels.
What are the foods that increase your stress levels on the HCG diet?
Avoid eating processed foods on the HCG diet to prevent weight gain. To control your stress levels, avoid eating the following:
- Fried potato
- Sugar drinks
- Fruit juices
- Fatty meats
- Preserved foods
- Canned vegetables
- Processed carbs
- Excess caffeine
How does stress affect your weight loss on the HCG diet?
Stress targets your hypothalamus and triggers fatigue. This part of your brain is responsible for your metabolism and weight. When your stress level increases, you tend to feel symptoms of anxiety. Stress leads to natural weight gain and hormonal imbalance. It resets the work of HCG and delays your weight loss.
Why do you need to keep your Stress Level Low?
Stress can affect your way of eating. Some cases can lead to constipation, diarrhea, and bloating. Keep your stress level low because:
- High-stress levels can release hormones that interfere with the HCG. It results in immunity and stops weight loss.
- High-stress levels cause fatigue, cravings, tiredness, low energy, and a low rate of productivity.
- Stress leads you to dig on your comfort foods during the VLCD. As a result, you end up eating more than 500 calories a day.
- Stress can cause hypertension, stroke, and other illnesses.
- It weakens your immune system and can cause sleeplessness.
Other side effects of stress in your body are:
- Overeating or undereating
- Muscle tension
- Mood swings
- Chest pain
How to get rid of stress on the HCG diet?
- Drink tea before you sleep. It improves your brain focus and reduces tension. Tea lowers the hormone cortisol and improves your mood. Drink a cup of tea an hour before you sleep to improve your metabolism.
- Try meditation or yoga. Relaxation can mend your body and mood to reduce stress levels and increases your focus. Yoga is a proven activity to combat stress.
- Avoid alcohol. Drinking alcoholic beverages increases your stress hormones that trigger overeating. Alcohol can also trigger unhealthy cravings and make you seek comfort foods.
- Eat healthy foods. Fiber-rich foods and fruits are refreshing. They lower inflammation and cause stress in your body. Foods that are rich in vitamin C are of nourishing and calming snacks.
- Stay hydrated. Water plays an essential role during the HCG diet. It flushes out toxins and chemicals from the foods you eat that cause stress. Drink at least 2 liters of water per day to boost your weight loss.