Food temptations are everywhere regardless if you are dieting or not. There will be times that you will crave unhealthy foods and, you will think of grabbing a bag of chips. When you do it every day, you are at risk of weight gain. Unhealthy foods do not work well with the HCG and, they can delay the mechanism of the hormone in burning your fats.
Replace some fattening foods with healthy options to increase your weight loss on the HCG diet. Avid food temptations and cravings because they are the pitfalls. When you are on the HCG diet, put down the bag of chips and choose healthy options.
Here are some Food Swaps on the HCG Diet
- Opt for lean meats instead of baked goods. Opt for protein-rich loading on the HCG diet. It helps in weight loss as they boost satiety levels. When you swap your food options, ensure that you maintain 500 calories per day while administering your HCG injections.
- Fruit smoothie instead of ice cream. Avoid foods that are high in sugar and other unhealthy sweeteners. Opt for a freshly blended fruit smoothie on the HCG diet. Take an apple to satisfy your sweet tooth whenever you crave sweet treats.
- Go for fresh fruit drinks than sweetened beverages. Avoid buying canned juices and energy drinks. It is because they contain loads of sweeteners and unhealthy chemicals that interfere with the HCG. Make a freshly squeezed lemon juice in cold water and add stevia to taste.
- Lean meat than processed meat. Avoid buying sausages, bacon, canned meats, and other processed products. They contain loads of salt, sugar, and other preservatives that can trigger diseases and weight gain. Opt for lean cuts during the second phase of the HCG diet.
- Choose healthy cooking methods instead of frying. Fried foods are not permissible on the HCG diet because oils and fats do not work well with the hormone. Grill, steam, or boil your foods instead of dipping them in oil or butter. Avoid coating your foods with fats before cooking.
- Fruits over bags of chips. Avoid snacking on chips in the second phase of the HCG diet. Snacking is not something you can do whenever you want during Phase 2. Chips are one of the culprits of weight gain. Take a handful of strawberries instead of grabbing some chips.
- Go for home-cooked foods instead of meals from restaurants. Avoid eating outside when you are doing the HCG diet to prevent unhealthy ingredients. Cook your food at home and bring your meals whenever you go to your work. It will help you save money and manage your calorie intake during the VLCD.
Does Food Swapping Increase your Weight Loss?
Yes, swapping your unhealthy indulgences with healthy options is one step to losing weight. It gives your body a break from receiving food chemicals. When you substitute your unhealthy foods, you increase your chance of losing weight faster. Healthy foods allow cleansing and flushing of nutrients during the fat-burning phase of the HCG diet.