Working out is optional during the HCG diet. You can do it every day or at days interval. Avoid intense activities as they can slow down your progress. If you consider an exercise routine on the HCG diet, ensure to eat healthy foods.
The essential fitness food is protein. It helps you through your workouts and allows your body to recover fast. It aids in building muscle and strengthening bones. On the HCG diet, protein helps in suppressing your appetite.
Does exercising causes maximum weight loss on the HCG diet?
Exercising assists in staving off excess calories but does not cause a maximum weight loss. It improves your blood circulation during the VLCD. Working out manages blood sugar levels to prevent hunger during the VLCD. For maximum weight loss, combine exercise and daily HCG shots. Improve the result by loading healthy food choices.
Fitness foods you can incorporate during the HCG diet
The HCG diet has specific food selections from each food group. It provides a reference to avoid loading unhealthy items. After exercising, you can eat:
- Blueberries. It stabilizes blood sugar and provides power to keep moving. Blueberries have high water content and rich in fiber. It maintains the feeling of fullness so you can hold until the next meal. You can also eat a handful of blueberries before you go for a workout. It is one of the known workout foods that are permissible during the HCG diet.
- Grapefruit. It replenishes your body after working out. Grapefruit is also rich in vitamin C. It is one of the approved fruits during the second phase of the HCG diet. Grapefruit has loads of antioxidants and, it can also burn excess calories. Eating grapefruit after working out improves your fullness while you wait for the next meal.
- Lean meat. It has loads of protein and amino acids that renew your cell. Lean meats improve muscle building and strengthen your bone. After your morning exercise, prepare 100 grams of lean meat for your lunch. It helps your body recover from a workout and curb your hunger.
- Coffee. It is a pre-workout drink that is permissible during the HCG diet. Coffee improves your energy and performance during a workout session. Drinking a cup of coffee for breakfast kicks starts your metabolism and digestion. Coffee increases muscle performance during the HCG diet. Avoid adding sugar to your coffee to prevent weight loss delay.
What can you expect in combining exercise and an HCG diet?
- Weight loss results slow down. Exercising may result in water retention in some cases. Avoid overdoing them to maintain proper weight loss. Prepare yourself so you can do something when your weight loss slows down.
- Hunger occurs after working out. Ensure to drink lots of water to maintain hydration. You can also eat half of a medium-sized apple to stave off hunger.
- Lower energy levels. Exercising increases your heart rate and pump blood through the system. As your heart is pumping blood, it is using energy. When you overdo exercise, it results in tiredness and fatigue.