The break period on the HCG diet is also known as interruption days. It is when you can take a break from your HCG shots due to emergency reasons. The purpose of this process is to give you a grace period when you have a schedule for travel, surgery, and other emergency reasons. Taking an interruption on the HCG diet prevents you from gaining back weight.
How Long is the Typical Break Period on the HCG Diet?
Interruptions are permissible for a week or two. You can get back to your HCG shots after the period if you are not gaining weight. Resume the 500 calorie intake after the interruption and take your HCG every day. During the interruption, you can eat from 800 to 1200 calories per day.
How to End the Break Period on the HCG Diet?
- Decide to end your interruption and set your goal. If the interval of your interruptions is about two weeks, you can resume your VLCD and take your HCG shots.
- When the break period lasts more than two weeks, inform your dietician or consider the loading days.
- There is no need to repeat the loading days when there is no weight gain. Ensure that you build up your system for the very low-calorie diet.
- Drink lots of water to stave off the excess calories from the foods you eat during the interruption days.
- Eat high protein and fiber when you begin the HCG shots after the interruption. It will maintain your satiety when you cut down your calorie intake.
- Avoid carefree indulgences of food when you get back on the HCG diet. Remember, you are limiting calories to let the hormone work for weight loss.
- Follow the HCG diet food list and ensure you are administering the proper dosage of HCG every day.
- Continue the diet as how you do it before the interruption period. Finish the process without cheating or taking another break to avoid slowing down weight loss.
- Ensure that you plan your interruption well before taking action. It will help you get back on track without having problems with your weight.
Benefits of a Planned Interruption on the HCG Diet
- It gives you a grace period for your travel schedule and other events without interfering with the HCG.
- It helps you follow guidelines and limitations that help you stick to the protocol during the break period.
- Taking a break is beneficial for mental health as it relaxes your system before getting back on track. But, a lengthier interruption might also affect your performance on the HCG diet.
- A planned interruption manages your food intake and prevents you from eating any foods whenever you want during the break.
What Will you do When you Gain Pounds?
The HCG protocol requires you to go back to loading days when you gain a pound or more after the interruption. Start loading your fat stores to prepare your body for the second phase of the HCG diet. Ensure you take your HCG injections on the first day of the loading days until you finish Phase 2.