The HCG diet is a healthy weight loss regimen that requires dieters to prepare and cook food at home. Before you embark on the HCG diet, ensure that you clean your schedules from parties and celebrations.
Start with your weight loss journey without taking interruptions. It does not mean that you will give up your social life. The reason for avoiding social gatherings is to avoid food temptations that can ruin your HCG diet. Avoid attending events and parties to prevent overeating sessions.
Another thing to avoid during the HCG diet is eating in restaurants as much as possible. Eating on-the-go foods on the HCG diet may result in weight gain on Phase 2. There are tips you can follow when you eat-on-the go when you are busy.
Tips for Eating Out and Avoiding Weight Gain on the HCG Diet
- Take your HCG injections before leaving the house to suppress hunger.
- Make a plan on what you want to buy. Ensure that there are approved HCG meals on the menu before you dine out. When there are no available items that fit your protocol, avoid ordering foods.
- Choose water, coffee, or tea. Hydration is essential for maintaining satiety so you can hold until your next meal.
- Avoid dipping sauces, creams, and salad dressings because they have lots of calories.
- Observe food portioning. Ensure you get the proper meal size of the item you order to avoid going beyond 500 calories.
- Avoid buying desserts that have loads of sugar ad other unhealthy ingredients. Opt for fresh Smoothie instead of digging in sugary treats.
- Ensure that there is a vegetable serving in your bowl. Opt for spinach, asparagus, lettuce, and cabbage than deep-fried recipes. Vegetables have loads of fiber that increase your satiety on the HCG diet.
- Avoid pasta and other recipes that contain heavy creams, cheese, and sweeteners.
- Slow down in eating because you are not in a race. Enjoy every bite of your food to nourish your body and keeps you on your diet track. When you eat slowly, you can control your calorie intake and prevent overeating.
- Drink a cup of tea to increase fat metabolism. Tea contains antioxidants that increase brain focus and reduces stress.
Healthy foods prevent cravings and increase fat burning. Be mindful of your portion sizes during the second phase of the HCG diet. Ensure that you are serving the right size of allowable protein, vegetables, and fruits.
Eating on the go is not something that you can do every day on your VLCD. It is your last resort when the available selection for your diet are not accessible.
The Benefits of eating Foods at Home on the HCG Diet
Prepare your foods at home to be aware of the ingredients you add to your recipe. It is essential in Phase 2 of the HCG diet as you need to avoid unhealthy treats. Cook your food at home and pack your lunch before you go to work. It helps stick to the diet protocol and avoid unhealthy treats in restaurants.