Drinking an adequate amount of water per day does not only result in a constant trip to the toilet. But, it also has several health benefits for your overall health. The protocol of the HCG diet for weight loss recommends an increase in your water intake. It helps in detoxification, satiety, and fat loss.
It is essential to maintain your hydration on the HCG diet as it assists your body. Health experts recommend at least ten glasses of water per day to increase the detoxification process. Water also helps in balancing your calories during the VLCD.
Benefits of Water on your Overall Health during the HCG diet:
- Water helps in lubricating your joints. It reduces the impact of stress on your joints after exercising. Water prevents joint pain by maintaining the lubrication of your joints.
- Water forms saliva and mucus. It helps in breaking down starch and dextrin. Saliva improves digestion by giving moisture when you chew your food. It prevents damage to your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Water is anti-aging. Hydration improves skin health and prevents you from having wrinkles. It also maintains your skin during the rapid fat-burning and prevents saggy skin while you lose weight.
- Water cushions the brain and spinal cord. Lack of water affects your brain function and structure. Dehydration interferes with the neurotransmitter function and leads to problems in reasoning and thinking. Drinking an adequate amount of water prevents hypertension.
- It regulates temperature and flushes toxins. Water helps in maintaining your body’s temperature. It replaces the fluid that you shed during sweating and urinating. Water also detoxifies your body from food chemicals that can interfere with the HCG. It prevents stomach ulcers and other inflammations.
Benefits of water on the HCG Diet:
- It helps in boosting your metabolism rate during the VLCD.
- It acts as an appetite suppressant during the second phase of the HCG diet.
- Water does not contain calories but, it reduces cravings by sending satiety and reducing hunger pangs.
- It prevents thirst and spiking of blood sugar levels.
- Drink an adequate amount of water before eating to promote fullness and avoid snacking.
- Water also helps the body in preventing water retention by balancing the sodium levels in your blood.
- It provides hydration without adding excess calories.
- Water can also flush out waste and prevents you from having constipation and weight gain.
- It hydrates your cells and improves your memory. Water also prevents headaches and other adverse effects of the HCG during the first week of the VLCD.
How to Increase your Water Intake on the HCG Diet?
Replace your unhealthy drinks with water. The HCG diet does not permit soda, juice, wine, alcohol, and other processed beverages. Water may taste bland but, it can help you reach your weight loss goal. It also prevents you from craving sugary and processed drinks.
You can make fresh-squeezed lemon juice to add some flavor and increase your water intake. Lemon juice contains vitamin C that helps in reducing fats during the HCG diet. You can also make a vegetable soup and add some lean protein. It increases your hydration and provides nutrients to your body to increase fat-burning.