The body has complex works that become a reason why you experience some fluctuations in your weight. There are days that you lose weight in some days and, there are also times that the scale does not even move. Some cases happen that the scale spikes up even if you are not cheating on your diet.
Are Fluctuations on Weight Loss Normal?
Weight loss fluctuations are typical in some cases. It is common for women who are having periods. It will be gone as soon as you eat, drink, exercise, or get back on your weight-loss track. Learn more about the protocol of the HCG diet to prevent causes of weight loss fluctuations.
Your body extracts fat cells from all parts of your body. When the fat cells are empty, your body breaks down the cellular structure and absorbs it. The process of fat extraction can lead to water retention. As a result, you gain weight because water comes heavier than fats.
What are the Causes of Weight Loss Fluctuations on the HCG Diet?
- Dietary error. One of the causes of fluctuation is cheating under the influence of HCG injections. During the HCG diet, you can only eat 500 calories per day. An additional calorie results in weight gain or stalls as your body fails to accommodate it. Avoid cheating when the HCG is in your system because even a tiny mistake can affect your progress.
- Menstrual interruption. Your period may occur a few days before or during the expected date. Take note that the HCG may change your cycle and causes water retention. Stop taking your HCG shots when your period comes but continue your diet. Get back to your HCG shots when your menstruation is over.
- Alcohol intake. Drinking alcoholic beverages cause water retention and slow production of testosterone. As a result, it inhibits your metabolism and the mechanism of the HCG. Alcohol intake can also lead to binge eating as it stimulates your appetite.
How to Control Weight Loss Fluctuations on the HCG Diet?
- Don’t starve yourself as it results in muscle loss instead of shedding fats. Maintain the 500 calorie intake when you are on Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
- You can eat a large amount of food sometimes, but you should plan it well.
- Consider the steak day or apple day regimen. These are the known weight correctors on the HCG diet.
- Avoid doing hours of heavy workouts per week when you are losing fats. You can only incorporate light activities on the HCG diet. Ensure that your workout regimen helps in preserving your muscle mass and prevents water retention.
- Avoid salty foods as they are one of the causes of water retention. Sodium can bring water into your cells and leads to water weights. Eat foods that are high in potassium as they help flush out sodium.
- Maintain proper hydration by drinking two liters of water per day on the VLCD. Water helps flush out the causes of fluctuations and increases your satiety.
- Avoid taking other weight loss supplements and medications as it affects the HCG in dealing with the body fats.