HCG diet can help you lose weight rapidly and with a high degree of success if your goal is to lose weight quickly and efficiently. It boosts metabolism and causes fat loss of one pound per day. Of the three primary phases of the protocol, there are a series of requirements and needs that must be adhered to. You will have to make a variety of choices for the diet plan as well as the dosage of HCG you are taking.
Natural-food-stuff phase 2
- The first phase of this diet lasts from 3 to 6 weeks. It is required to eat 500 to 700 calories per day during this timeframe, which can only be achieved through the use of HCG injection taken orally.
- It is essential to take HCG injection during this phase, and missing even one dose can harm your results.
- Three days before starting phase 3, you will discontinue the drops, but you will still follow the 500-calorie diet.
- You can have a few different types of drinks, but diet sodas are not permitted. You can have water, tea, coffee, along with some mixed flavored waters like crystal light. Alcoholic beverages should be avoided, as these are just empty calories.
- Fruits are encouraged for snacks, up to twice per day. You could have an apple for brunch and another between lunch and dinner.
The Meal Plan in Phase 2 of the HCG Diet
On both the original and modern protocols you should have either tea or coffee for breakfast. You can have yerba mate, green tea, or other light teas with caffeine in the morning. On the modern approach, you can have one serving of fruit as well in the mornings before lunch.
Lunch and Dinner
Both lunch and dinner are made up of the same food types and in the same serving quantities. It’s recommended that you switch up your vegetable and meats on a day-to-day basis so that your body keeps up its metabolic rate and avoids accidental plateaus that can be relatively damaging to phase two progress.
Protein sources can be 100g of lean beef, halibut, shrimp, and chicken breasts on the original protocol. The modern diet allows fish and steak cuts of the sirloin variety. Visible fat should be cut away from any meat selected. If you are on the modern protocol of the HCG diet, you can also do 150 grams of meat here instead.
2 cups of vegetables on the original protocol of the HCG diet. You can have spinach, kale, tomatoes, fennel, asparagus, and radishes. On the modern approach, two full servings of two more vegetables can be added. You can also have broccoli and carrots, not permitted on the standard approach.
You can substitute your sugary snacks with permissible fruit choices on the HCG diet. You can have strawberries, apples, oranges, and grapefruit. On the modern version of the HCG diet, a wide variety of fruits is allowed. These include bananas, peaches, grapes, and pears.