Obesity is the excessive accumulation of fats in the body. It is a complex disease that links to weight-related illnesses. The population of obese people in the US is growing up until this time of the pandemic. It is a health problem that can also put you at risk of a weak immune system.
To lose weight and avoid the threat of obesity, you can follow the HCG diet program. Change your diet and adapt to healthy food choices. Ensure you are eating green vegetables to gain dietary fiber and prevent the rapid accumulation of fats in your body. One example of vegetables that aids in weight loss is spinach.
What is Spinach?
It is a green leafy vegetable that contains packs of antioxidants and nutrients. You can use spinach in various recipes because of its versatile flavor. You can add them to soups, casseroles, and smoothies. It has dietary fiber that increases your satiety and boosts digestion.
Benefits of Adding Spinach to your Meal during the HCG Diet
- It boosts your eyesight. It is rich in beta carotene and lutein that improves your eye health. It lowers the impacts of free radicals and prevents eye cataracts. Spinach has anti-inflammatory properties that benefit your overall health. Avoid adding oil and do not sauté the spinach on excess fats.
- Spinach improves your brain function. The potassium, antioxidants, and folate in spinach are a powerhouse of nutrition for the brain. It reduces your risk of brain fog and Alzheimer’s disease. When you eat spinach, it increases the blood flow in your brain and boosts your concentration and thinking abilities during the HCG Diet.
- Spinach keeps your heart healthy. It contains high levels of antioxidants that strengthen the muscles in your heart. It boosts your heart health and increases blood flow that carries nutrients and oxygen all over your body. Spinach also prevents hypertension and heart disease.
- It promotes strong bones. Spinach also loads of calcium and vitamin K that helps bone in retaining calcium. It is also rich in magnesium, protein, zinc, and phosphorus that keep bone healthy. You can eat at least two servings of spinach during the HCG diet.
- Spinach increases metabolic rate. Each serving of spinach contains one gram of protein that increases your metabolic rate. It also assists the development of your muscle tissue during the second phase of the HCG diet. A recent study also suggests spinach can help reduce hunger during the VLCD.
Ways to Add Spinach to your HCG Diet Meal
- You can serve raw or cooked spinach during the second phase of the HCG diet.
- You can also use it as a substitute for wraps. Instead of using the typical wraps in the market, use spinach because it has low calories.
- Blend spinach into smoothies to pour a punch of nutrients and vitamins on your body.
- Steam a bowl of spinach and add a chopped lean protein of your choice for your dinner.
- Add spinach to your favorite soup dish on the HCG diet. It helps in increasing satiety.