The HCG diet requires dieters to consume only 500 calories per day. It consists of two meals because solid foods are not advisable for breakfast. Ensure to have 200 grams of lean protein, two bowls of vegetables, and two servings of fruit per day. The HCG diet protocol permits two low-carb snack options. You can also drink unsweetened tea and coffee throughout the program.
The low-calorie intake affects the bowel movements in the body. It can reduce the waste that your body releases due to lower food intake. Nonetheless, the slowing down of your bowel movement is not a thing to worry about during the VLCD. It is typical for some dieters but, it has no alarming health concerns.
Are Decreased Bowel Movements Normal?
The answer is yes. It is Normal during the second phase of the HCG diet as you are eating fewer foods. The HCG does not require a specific amount of bowel movements per week. But, when constipation continues for a week or two, seek medical attention right away. Constipation is an infrequent movement of waste or difficulty of passing stool.
Constipation on the HCG diet is not typical but, you should expect it. It happened due to the calorie restrictions. Most dieters often release bowel every three to four days. It is not something to worry about because you can control and prevent it during the HCG diet.
How to Manage a Decreased Bowel Movement on the HCG Diet?
The HCG permits laxatives when constipation persists for a week or two. It encourages a bowel movement by releasing gas and causes contractions. Laxatives help in softening the stool and allows movement. But, avoid using oral laxatives because it contains high calories that can interfere with the HCG.
Tips to Prevent Constipation on the HCG Diet:
- Drink plenty of water every day to increase digestion and release your waste.
- Incorporate a walking exercise or other physical movements.
- Increase your intake of vegetables and fruits per day.
- You can also eat fruits and vegetables raw or half-cooked to promote bowel movements.
- Make lemon water by mixing freshly-squeezed lemon into a cup of warm water.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and fried foods because they can trigger constipation and weight gain.
- You can also drink a cup of tea or make some fiber-rich smoothies to soften your stool.
- Avoid overeating to prevent stomach discomfort and constipation.
HCG Diet-approved Foods that Prevent Constipation:
Water can also help you with constipation. Increase your water intake during the HCG diet to maintain proper waste disposal. Ensure that you are drinking at least 2 liters of water per day. Avoid calorie-loaded drinks to prevent weight gain. You can also use Smooth Move Tea. It is an HCG-friendly product that encourages bowel movements.
Does Constipation Cause Weight Gain?
Constipation on the HCG diet does not cause weight gain. But, constipations that relate to digestive issues cause bloatedness and weight gain. Inform your doctor if you have digestive problems before you start the HCG diet.