Hunger is the body’s signal on cutting down the calorie on the HCG diet but, it will not last long. One of the more challenging phases of using HCG is getting the proper dose. The mechanism of the HCG varies from person to person. It is why there are doses that will not work on your but is effective to other dieters.
To avoid a period of trial and error on your doses, ensure that you follow the protocol of the HCG diet. Hunger counteracts your productivity on the HCG diet. It creates hunger pangs or uncomfortable stomach grumbling. When you take the proper dosage of HCG, you will not feel hungry at all.
Hunger on the HCG Diet, Is it Normal?
Hunger on the first few days of the HCG diet is normal because your body is still adjusting to the new calorie intake. It will be gone when the HCG spreads in your system and begins its work. Being too hungry can slow down your weight loss. But, when you feel zero symptoms, it means that the HCG is working well. The HCG burns the proper amount of abnormal fats and turns them into an energy source for your body.
What if the Hunger Symptoms Persists on the HCG Diet?
If the occurrences of starvation persist for a week or two, inform your doctor. There may be a change in your body and hormones that delays the effects of the HCG. A medical assessment is vital before starting the HCG diet so that your doctor can set limitations and further guidelines to prevent hunger pangs on the HCG diet.
Can You Adjust the Dosage of the HCG to Prevent the Occurences of Hunger?
The answer is YES but, you have to inform your dietician first. Frequent occurrences of hunger are a result of too much or less dosage of HCG. There are also cases that it is because you always skip your dose. You can change your dosage if you have valid reasons or when the HCG interferes with your medications.
Inform your doctor about the HCG diet if you are taking medicines for hypertension and diabetes. You can change your HCG dose if the regular dosing does not work on you or has slow progress. Assess your habits and routines to see that culprit of hunger.
Ways to Control your Hunger Without Adjusting the HCG Dose
- Take your HCG shots at the same time each day to suppress the appetite and increase satiety.
- Opt for fiber and protein-rich foods during the second phase of the HCG diet. Green vegetables are rich in vitamins and nutrients that your body needs during the VLCD.
- Avoid stress, heavy workouts, and other activities that consume energy and trigger hunger.
- Avoid sugary foods, processed foods, and beverages that have loads of unhealthy ingredients.
- Increase your time of sleep to avoid hunger and fatigue during the daytime. Sleeping increases metabolic rate and proper digestion.
- Drink an adequate amount of water to flush out chemicals that cause hunger during the VLCD.