Cravings are a powerful desire to eat a specific food. It can sometimes be uncontrollable and can make you eat too much. Craving is a type of hunger that will not be gone unless you eat the specific food that you want. This is dangerous to your body especially when you are doing the HCG diet.
Cravings can stimulate your appetite and make you load too many unhealthy foods. One of the roles of the HCG in your body is to suppress your appetite. It will make you less likely to get hungry or crave specific foods during the VLCD. The HCG will curb your desire to eat chips, pizza, burgers, pasta, cookies, and other unhealthy foods.
Food choices that can help suppress your appetite on the HCG diet
- Apple- Apple is rich in fiber and one of the healthiest fruit that is allowed during the HCG diet. It is very filling and can help stave off hunger and cravings longer. This is also used during the corrections days in case your weight is stalling.
- Green tea- This is not exactly solid food but you can have this to keep you full longer. Green tea gives ease to your brain when you are highly stressed. It has a phytonutrient that helps burn extra calories during the VLCD. Thus, reduce your cravings for food for up to four hours per day. It can also burn fats and increases your metabolic rate.
- Kale- Kale is a good option in suppressing your appetite. It is rich in fiber that keeps your stomach full. Kale prevents cravings and overeating. It can also lower your blood sugar levels and pre-diabetic symptoms. This green leafy vegetable has several health benefits that include your risk of certain cancers.
- Lean beef meat- lean beef meat is a good source of protein and only has low-calorie content. Lean beef meat improves fullness and also maintains your muscle mass. It can also lower the risk of having cardiovascular diseases.
- Chicken breast- You can snack on a piece of chicken breast to improve fullness. Chicken breasts can suppress your appetite during the VLCD. It does not cause a spike in your blood sugar which can lead to insulin resistance.
- Grapefruit- This is a good appetite suppressant along with other citrus fruits. Grapefruits are a good replacement for junk foods. It makes you feel more satiated and can reduce your cholesterol levels. This is also rich in vitamin C. Grapefruit can stabilize your blood sugar for the entire day.
Are you allowed to take appetite suppressant pills in the HCG diet?
No. You cannot have any appetite suppressant pills or drinks during the HCG diet. You will not need any appetite suppressant supplements during the HCG diet. One of the natural works of HCG in your body is to suppress your appetite and improve your metabolism. Taking pills and other supplements will just affect the work of HCG in burning your body fats. You are also not allowed to have weight loss soda and energy drinks during the HCG diet.