You can easily gain extra pounds if you are not careful about your diet. Be careful with your food choices especially if you are doing the HCG diet. One of the main causes, why you gain weight, is overeating. Overeating is mostly a product of your subconscious habit. This must be controlled right away especially during the HCG diet. There are several things you can do to stay full without overeating.
The effects of overeating are weight gain and an unbalanced number of calories. Weight gain triggers weight-related diseases. Overeating is controlled by following a healthy meal plan. You can do this through the HCG diet protocol. Stopping the habit of overeating is possible during the HCG diet. This is because the HCG diet is not about weight loss but also in transitioning to a healthy lifestyle.
Effective ways to stop overeating during the HCG diet
- Stay full for the entire day
This does not mean that you have to eat all the time. Staying full throughout the day is having the right choice of food that will keep you full all day. One example of the food that will keep you full is lean protein. You can also maintain your fullness by spacing your meals for the entire day. You can split your 500 calorie meal into 5 portions. This is for you to have something to eat at any time of the day. Make sure that you will not go beyond the 500 calorie requirements during the VLCD of the HCG diet. Having something to eat keeps hunger away and curbs your chances of overeating.
- Cook and prepare exact food portion
Try to limit the amount of food that you will cook during the HCG diet. This will help you with proper food portion control. Cook and store the foods that you may need for the entire day. This will make you have something to grab when you are hungry. Thus, avoid prolonged hunger. Prolonged hunger is one of the reasons why you overeat. Control the food choices and make sure to have a balanced meal. Include in your food portion the lean meat, fruits, and vegetables. Track your food intake for the entire weight loss process.
- Use a smaller plate and eat slowly
This is a wise way to control overeating. Small serving plates can limit your food intake. Overeating usually happens when you use large plates. You will subconsciously fill it up to its large capacity. To avoid such a situation you have to use a small plate so your meal during the HCG diet. Have the portion of lean meat, vegetable, and fruits in your small plates. It helps control your intake of calories during the VLCD. You also have to eat slowly because you are not on a race. Eating slowly helps in digesting the foods. Be aware that digestion starts in your mouth. It is through chewing. If you eat fast you will not be able to chew foods properly. Eating slowly will lessen your chance to stuff yourself.
- Choose the right foods
Overeating is also because of your food choices. You will tend to eat too much when you eat highly processed foods. This is because of its additional flavor. Highly processed foods are also appetite boosters. It causes you to gain weight because of overeating. Choose the right food choices during the HCG diet. It is better to load more on fruits and vegetables to be able to promote weight loss. The right food choices are digested properly and help in cleansing your body. It prevents your body from storing unhealthy fats.
- Do not skip your meals
Skipping meals can undoubtedly cause you to eat too much in the next meal. This is because it causes extreme hunger and triggers cravings. This will just be gone when you eat your desired unhealthy foods. Skipping your meals can cause nutritional deficiency and may affect your weight loss. The meal is important especially during the HCG diet. This is because it aids the HCG in sustaining the nutritional needs of your body. Skipping your meal will just cause weight loss delay or weight loss stall.
- Maintain hydration
Hydration is one of the important tips for weight loss. It takes off food toxins and chemicals that will trigger your cravings. Water also helps in curbing hunger and cravings during the HCG diet. You can also choose the foods that are high in water content. It will help in cleansing your system from unhealthy food chemicals. Fruits and vegetables are rich in water and fiber. It washes your body from food toxins and chemicals that cause you to eat too much. It also maintains the fullness of your stomach for the entire weight loss process. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals that aids in weight loss. Hydration can also be done by having soup. You can create a healthy serving of soup out of the chicken breast.
Foods that curbs overeating during the HCG diet
- Leafy Greens– These are the vegetables that are allowed during the HCG diet. Leafy greens such as broccoli, spinach, cabbage, and celery. These are rich in fiber that helps you stay full. Leafy greens are also helpful in curbing the attack of weight-related diseases. This is an excellent addition to weight loss. It has low in calories and high in nutritional value.
- Salmon and tuna- These are healthy choices of fish meat. The high content of omega 3 fatty acids in these fish meat is helpful in your heart health. Thus, keep you full longer and controls overeating. Omega 3 fatty acids are great food choices when you are trying to lose weight.
- Lean Beef and Chicken Breast- Lean meat has high levels of protein. Protein is one of the most important nutrients needed to aid the HCG in fat burning. Lean meat also helps in curbing your hunger and cravings. Lean meat can also be a replacement for your unhealthy food choices. Make sure to weigh your meat choice before cooking to ensure proper food portions. Lean meat will make it easier for you to lose body fats.