Snacking is done when you consume meals in between your major meals. Snacking reduces hunger and can satisfy cravings. It is one of the contributors to weight gain because of poor food choices. Consuming junk foods and other unhealthy foods can cause issues in your health and weight. Snacking on Phase 2 of the HCG diet is different from your usual way of snacking.
Snacking on HCG diet
Snacking is still allowed on the HCG diet. However, you must restructure your old snacking pattern. On the HCG diet, you are not allowed snacks on foods that are not found on the HCG diet food list. Avoid processed foods or foods that are known as convenient or instant foods. Processed foods contain ingredients that can stop you from losing weight. These food ingredients can also affect the overall effectiveness of HCG in burning your body fats.
Is it necessary to have a snack during the VLCD?
No. Snacking is not necessary especially during Phase 2 of the HCG diet. However, you can incorporate it as long as you plan your meals properly. The purpose of snacking is not to satisfy your selfish cravings. Snacking will help you alleviate physical hunger pains in between meals. Snacking is done because you want to alleviate physical hunger in between meals.
Tips on snacking during the VLCD of the HCG diet
- Snack on the right food choices- the right snacks for you during the HCG diet are fresh fruits and vegetables. You are not anymore allowed to eat carbs and sugar such as cookies, bread, and pasta. Eating fruits and vegetables help you deal with sugar cravings. It improves fullness and satisfaction even in the low-calorie intake.
- Make sure to get proper food portioning- Maintain proper food portioning especially when you are doing the VLCD. Take note that you are only allowed to eat 500 calories per day. Portion your snack foods and make sure that it does not go beyond the limit during Phase 2. Phase 2 of the HCG diet allows you to have at least 2 whole fruit snacks for the entire day.
- Avoid processed drinks – Eating snack foods is always accompanied by drinks. Make sure that you are not drinking processed drinks such as juice and soda. This is because of the high sugar content and other ingredients present on these drinks. Processed drinks have liquid calories that are eventually converted as stubborn fats.
Snack foods that are allowed during Phase 2 of the HCG diet
- Apples- This fruit contains healthy fiber and phytonutrients. It also has antioxidants that reduce inflammation and oxidation damage in your body.
- Cauliflower- This is a delicious and filling vegetable. Cauliflower is low in calories. It can boost your cardiovascular health and improve your brain focus. It is also rich in minerals and vitamins like the other healthy snacks allowed during the HCG diet.
- Cabbage- It is beneficial especially during the very low-calorie diet. Cabbage helps normalize your blood pressure levels. It can also regulate your sugar and it has anti-cancer compounds.
- Oranges and grapefruits- These fruits are rich in vitamin C. It can help in improving your immune system. Oranges and grapefruit are also filling and have the low-calorie content.