The 500 calorie daily in the HCG diet is known as the VLCD. This is the phase that follows right after the 2-day loading. It usually lasts for 3 to 6 weeks depending on your weight loss goal. This is a weight loss process that can also improve some of your medical conditions. The very low-calorie intake is done with the help of HCG. The HCG will start to reset your metabolism and boost fat burning daily.
You have to start administering your HCG shot 2 days before doing the VLCD. This means that you have to start it on the first day of the loading phase. To start the VLCD, you have to make sure that your fats stores are filled. You have to do the loading phase properly to be able to proceed to the second phase of the HCG diet. Eliminate everything that you are not hungry for during the VLCD. All your food items must be low in calories. Oily foods, sugar, creamer, and starches are not allowed.
The storing of body fats
Your body stores body fats because of the excessive calories that you eat. This happens naturally in your body. There are good and bad fats that are deposited in your body. Good fats are those that give fuel to your body to be able to perform daily activities. The bad fats on the other hand are the body fats that are deposited that cause obesity. Fats are commonly deposited in your thighs, butt, belly or stomach, knee, and abdomen.
The HCG works by resetting your hypothalamus to boost your metabolism. Through this, a rapid fat burning will happen. The HCG will then convert the burned fats into energy so that your body will be powered up even if you are just eating low calories. The HCG also keeps you feeling full and curbs hunger.
How does HCG help in obesity treatment?
The HCG helps in maintaining a fast metabolism. This eventually leads to fat burning. It decreases your appetite by sending signals to your brain. The mechanism through which it works offers a direct route to burn more fat. The VLCD only helps the HCG to allow your body to successfully transition from the old habits. Most of the dieters usually lose 30 to 40 pounds upon doing the HCG diet. It treats obesity without having any weight loss surgery.
The HCG also cut down the free radicals that are caused by excessive fat build-ups. It is effective in dealing with weight-related diseases such as high blood pressure, stroke, and certain cancer. The detoxification process during the VLCD is done through the help of your new food choices. Your food intake will just be limited during this phase. This is not to deprive your but to help the HCG in treating obesity. The unhealthy food ingredients and the high-calorie levels of foods can hinder the HCG in burning your body fats.
The protocol of the second phase of the HCG diet
- You must have 2 primary meals of the day. Each meal must have a serving of meat and vegetables. The meat serving must be a 100 grams cooked weight of lean meat portion.
- You can consume red meat or 2 hard-boiled egg. You can also have non-fatty fish and chicken breast. You are not allowed to fry the meat choice. Have it boiled or grilled instead.
- Avoid mixing vegetables in one meal serving. You can have cabbage, celery, sprouts, asparagus, spinach, etc.
- Taking HCG drops is essential to this phase. If you miss a dose of the HCG drops it can impact the overall weight loss process. Avoid missing your HCG dose by administering it at the same time each day.
- Continue your daily weigh-in every morning as soon as you get up from the bed. It can help you track your weight loss. Make sure that you are also tracking your food intake to avoid weight gain and stall.
- You can stop using the HCG drop but continue your diet when you have menstruation. You can get back to it right after the period is gone.
- Discontinue using the HCG drop 3 days before you begin your phase 3. However, you still have to maintain your 500 calorie intake.
- Avoid all liquid calories such as soda, weight loss drinks, energy drinks, milk, and alcohol. You can just have water and sugarless coffee and tea. Alcoholic beverages should be avoided because these are just empty calories.
- You can replace your unhealthy snacks with fruit. You can eat fruits along with your lunch and dinner or in between the major meals. Refer to the HCG diet food list for more food choices.
The proper meal plan during the second phase of the HCG diet
The VLCD is not the same as the loading phase. This time you will just be eating 500 calories. Your breakfast on VLCD will just be plain coffee or tea. The major meals are during lunch and dinner. For this, you can have a portion of the protein or lean meat, 1 serving of vegetable and 1 fruit. Lunch and dinner has the same amount and portion of food. See to it that you will not go beyond 500-calorie on your daily intake.
Ways to boost fat-burning during the VLCD?
Make sure to have protein. It keeps you full all day and maintains your bone and muscle health. Protein also helps to repair your body tissues as the HCG continues to burn your body fats. It also lowers your intake of calories and even unhealthy fats.
Load on fiber. These are found in vegetable choices. It helps in digestion, and detoxification of your body. You can found fiber in the allowed vegetable during the HCG diet. It will make you stay full longer and curbs your hunger and cravings.
Maintain your HCG shot. The most important part of the HCG diet is maintaining your HCG shot. This will reset your metabolism and deals with stubborn body fats even in the hard to reach areas of your body. Take note that you cannot do the VLCD successfully without the HCG.