Diet sodas have become freely available, offering a substitute for high-calorie drinks. It has become easy to find popular sodas such as diet coke. A low-calorie option better but you have to know it’s a health risk. Take no that not all products that are labeled as sugar-free or low-calories are healthy. Some labels of beverages are misleading to the consumers and it can affect your HCG diet.
Most of the diet sodas you can buy in the grocery store are contains artificial sweeteners. Just because diet soda is delicious does not mean that it is healthy. It is not a safe alternative to other high-calorie drinks. Diet soda may not contain the actual sugar but it has high levels of harmful industrial food sweeteners that have the same effect as the actual sugar.
What are the dangers of diet soda to your HCG diet?
- Diet sodas can help you reach a short term weight loss but it will not last long. The harmful chemicals when you drink this beverage can trigger your cravings.
- A long term exposure to artificial sweeteners in diet soda can lead to depression, weight gain, or weight stalls. The satiety that you will get in drinking soda is temporary and it does not curb your cravings.
- Drinking diet soda will make your body start to crave more sugary foods. Its because it triggers the reward center of your brain that stimulates your appetite. It can lead to overeating on Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
- The artificial sweeteners from diet soda make your pancreas create insulin. It causes your body to have excessive insulin which triggers diabetes and high blood cholesterol levels.
- Drinking diet soda during the HCG diet makes your body start to store fats and makes it hard to lose.
Can you have alternative drinks for a soda during the HCG diet?
You can enjoy delicious treats even when you quit on soda during the HCG diet. When you stop consuming something bad, there will always be a better treat ahead of it. If you are craving for a sweet drinks b you’re on an HCG diet you can try having a fresh-squeezed fruit such as orange or grapefruit. Prepare a healthy fruit drink that does not interfere with the work of HCG in your body.
Does quitting diet soda help in treating weight-related diseases?
There is no direct basis for the healing of diseases by quitting soda. However, it can help lessen the symptoms. It’s because when you stop consuming sugary drinks, your body will take a break from receiving unhealthy chemicals. Through this process, the cells of your body will start renewing and it will strengthen your diseases. When you quit the consumption of diet sodas, you can easily lose weight during the HCG diet.
The artificial ingredients in diet soda and other sugary drinks can ruin your HCG diet. Quitting from the addiction to soda improves the work of HCG. To avoid cravings for sugar-sweetened foods and beverages you have to maintain your HCG injections every day.