The HCG diet is created and well-planned by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons. The HCG protocol is carefully designed for rapid weight loss. It is a weight loss regimen that does not require too much of your energy to lose weight. HCG diet comes with a protocol to follow for greater weight loss. The diet protocol itself will help you with your weight loss process.
The HCG diet is not only about the weight loss hormones. It is also about stopping unhealthy habits such as overindulgence to unhealthy foods. The healthy weight loss will take place as soon as you start administering the HCG injection. This is along with healthy eating on proper food choices. The food items during your HCG diet can help you lose even more weight and maintain a healthy body.
The HCG meal category
Consuming vegetable during your weight loss is associated with a lower risk of weight-related diseases. It can stave off your risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. There are various evidence and studies that eating vegetable can help in managing your weight. The vegetable can help you feel full longer because of the fiber content. It can also help you prevent spikes and dips in your energy levels, especially during the VLCD. The ultimate food replacements that can help you live longer are vegetables.
Fruits are low in fats, calories, and sodium. These are considered as the healthiest snack you can have during weight loss. Fruits are sources of essential nutrients that your body needs in day to day activities. It maintains healthy blood pressure and sugar levels even after your weight loss. Fruit choices on the HCG diet maintain optimum health stimulating phytochemicals. The overall function of fruit choices is lowering bad cholesterol during the HCG diet.
All cuts of lean meat help lose weight. It contains low calorie and it is free from unhealthy fats. Lean meats are packed with satisfying and muscle-building protein. It helps the HCG in maintaining healthy muscle while taking off unhealthy body fats. Missing out the protein on lean meats during the HCG diet can surely miss the essential amino acids. The amino acids cannot be obtained from plants alone because it can only be found in lean meats.
Drinking water or unsweetened coffee and tea can help in boosting your metabolism. It acts as an appetite suppressant as well as cleanses your body from waste. Drinking the allowed liquids on the HCG diet can stop water retention. Thus, leads to dropping off extra pounds and it maintain hydration. Replace your unhealthy drinks with water as soon as you start the HCG diet. You can also add lemonade to add flavor. It can also lower your risk from cravings and repeated hunger.
The food items and its benefit to your body during the HCG diet
- Asparagus, cabbage, kale, spinach– Green vegetables can improve skin and bone health. These are rich in calcium that ensures the prevention of bone and muscular degeneration. These vegetables are loaded with antioxidants, Vitamins A, C, and K. You can eat these vegetables raw to absorb most of its nutrients for healthy weight loss. You can also easily incorporate these vegetables to various dishes such as soups. Spinach as well is much known to be used as diet smoothie.
- Beet greens, collard greens, celery– The dietary fiber of these vegetables can help in boosting your metabolic rate during the HCG diet. These are also helpful in dealing with bloating and prevent dehydration. These vegetables are low in calories that are valuable for nourishment. It has cancer-fighting components that can also neutralize free radicals. Celery, collard, and beet greens have antioxidants that lower your cholesterol levels.
- Lettuce, leek, broccoli and the cauliflower– The fiber content of these vegetable choices is hearty and tasty. Broccoli, lettuce, cauliflower, and leek are heart-friendly vegetables. These are part of the cholesterol-reduction plants that lower inflammation and allergic reaction.
- Apple, grapefruit, oranges, and lemon– it is better to eat whole fruits than to purchase fruit juices to lose weight. These fruits can be eaten alone as a snack or you can also add to your water. These fruits are known to be the richest in fiber and other nutrients. It can keep you stay full and stave off your cravings for sweet foods. These fruits are known to be “natural slimming pills” because it can help you lose weight. It promotes satiety and fullness of your stomach in between meals. These are very important during the very low-calorie diet.
- Blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries– These berries can influence your genes to regulate fat burning. It helps the HCG in lowering abnormal fats from the hard to reach areas of your body. It can lower blood cholesterol as well as improves your blood sugar levels. The natural flavor of these fruits can aid in dealing with your unhealthy cravings. You can have a handful of these fruits as your snack choices.
- Lean pork, beef and chicken meat– lean meats are popular during the very low-calorie diet. This is because of its high protein and low-calorie content. The building blocks of protein are helpful to various health perspectives. In combination with HCG and light-exercise, the lean meats can maintain your muscle mass. These are also loaded with various vitamins and minerals such as B12, selenium, iron, niacin, and zinc. The high-quality protein in lean beef meat can prevent anemia and fatigue. These lean meats can grow muscle mass and takes off iron deficiency.
- Shrimp, lobster, fish and crab meat- this seafood are also loaded with quality protein, vitamins, and minerals. It has omega 3 fatty acids that maintain cardiovascular health such as fish and shrimp. It plays a big role in the defense system of your body, especially in weight loss. These seafood choices have higher copper than chicken and beef meat. The copper is important in the formation of red blood cell that maintains a healthy immune system. It also contains phosphorus which is involved in metabolic and bodily functions.