The HCG diet protocol is a strict weight loss guide for your weight loss journey. The HCG diet is already designed for you to be able to lose weight even without other supplements taken. HCG diet can treat obesity even if you will not do extreme exercises or any weight loss surgery. It can be done safely through the help of the diet hormone that is administered every day on VLCD. Taking other supplements during the HCG diet is less prioritized because of its effect on your body.
However, it is not said that supplements are completely banned. You just have to make sure that it has no added calories, sugar, and other ingredients. It is because it may affect the HCG in burning your body fats. Although this is not always the case for all, it happens most especially during the VLCD. You can still have your supplements as long as it does not contain any ingredient that affects the HCG. You can ensure that you stay healthy throughout your weight loss process.
Since the second phase requires strict obedience to the 500 calorie daily requirements, you must limit your intake of supplements. You can only have them if you are dealing with other serious health conditions. It is much better to wait until you are done with your medication before starting the HCG diet. This is because some supplements do not show any improvement in weight loss at all. The commonly recommended supplements during the VLCD are potassium and magnesium.
Can you take medication during the second phase of the HCG diet?
The general rule of the HCG diet on your medication is to have it only when it is necessary. The diet protocols only allow the medically given by your doctor. However, it is better to disclose your treatment first before starting the HCG diet to avoid further problems. Self-prescribed medication and all the over-the-counter products are not allowed during the HCG diet. This is because some of the medication will slow down your weight loss or may not result in weight loss at all.
Thyroid medication as well as interferes with weight loss. This is because of the low basal metabolic rate. It is better to discontinue taking thyroid treatments during the HCG diet. Diuretics are also undesirable medication because it can produce inaccurate weigh-ins. medication that contains hormones that interfere with the mechanism of HCG can also interfere with weight loss.
Tropical prescription and self-medication on the P2 of the HCG diet
Topical ointments, creams, and other prescriptions are limited on the HCG diet. This means that there are products you can use and not. This is because it can also affect the HCG especially when your skin will absorb it. The only tropical prescription allowed during the HCG diet is those that are made with mineral oil. Self-medication products are also not allowed unless it is permitted by your doctor. You are not allowed to have appetite suppressants because it affects the HCG.
Other supplements allowed during the HCG diet
- Vitamin A- it has a powerful antioxidant that gets rid of stored toxins in your body. It helps in breaking down the toxins that are released by the fats that are burned by the HCG.
- Vitamin B – This is most needed during the VLCD. Vitamin B is an energy booster. It is one of the components of the HCG.
- Vitamin C- Aside from boosting your immunity it can also detoxify your body from toxins. It keeps you healthy throughout the diet and it enhances your immunity.
- Vitamin D- The main source of vitamin D is from direct sunlight. The HCG diet does not limit you from sun exposure as long as you are completely hydrated and healthy. You can also have vitamin D from meat.
- Vitamin E- The easy-to-grab source of vitamin E is the vegetables allowed during the HCG diet. It improves your complexion and skin health during the rapid fat burning. There are also Vitamin supplements that are found in multivitamins. Just make sure that it has no other ingredients that may sabotage the work of HCG.
- Magnesium- It is from numerous food choices on your food list. It helps to turn sugar into energy. Magnesium is naturally found in foods that improve metabolism and health.
The vitamins mentioned above play an important role in weight loss. But it is not the main cause of why you lose weight. It will just aid the HCG in burning your body fats. This means that you can lose pounds even without taking such supplements. It allows your body to function properly even during a low-calorie intake.
On the HCG diet, you will not need too many supplements for your body. This is because the foods that you will be eating are significant in maintaining your health. The nutrients in various supplements are just found in foods. The food choices during the HCG diet are carefully chosen not just to help you lose weight but also to stabilize your health.
Nutrients you can get from HCG diet food choices
- Protein- It balances the calories in your body and rebuilds your tissues. Protein also promotes growth. On the HCG diet, it allows you to stay filled all day. It curbs hunger during the low-calorie intake. This is important because it builds blocks for your muscle, skin, bones, and blood. You can get this nutrient mostly on lean meat choices.
- Iron– This is one of the vital nutrients needed by your body to maintain healthy blood. It eliminates fatigue and produces hemoglobin. You can get iron from green leafy vegetables and other fruit choices.
- Calcium- This is known to maintain strong bones and teeth. In the HCG diet, calcium can help the HCG in lowering your risk of having hypertension. The foods you can eat to have more calcium are broccoli, collard, greens, kale, and spinach.
- Vitamin C and fiber- These nutrients fight against free radicals including cancer. You can have these from fruits such as grapefruits, lemon, and oranges. Fiber also will boost digestion during the HCG diet. It is found in healthy vegetable choices that are on the HCG diet food list.