The meal flow on the HCG diet is the same as your meal when you are not on a diet. However, your food choices and food portions change. You cannot eat the way you eat foods before. This is because it causes you to gain weight. If you continue your way of eating during the VLCD the HCG will not work. Phase 2 of the HCG diet is sensitive not only to the foods that you are eating but also with your daily activities.
Phase 2 of the HCG diet usually runs from 3 to 6 weeks. It depends on how much weight you want to lose. This is accompanied by the daily take of HCG. You can choose from HCG pellet, drop, or injection. However, the commonly used form of HCG that shows greater weight loss results is the injection. Have it at the same time each day to be able to boost greater fat loss.
The meal flow on VLCD of the HCG diet
- As soon as you get up you have to weigh yourself and administer the HCG. Take your breakfast coffee or tea. You are not allowed to eat solid foods at breakfast.
- Your lunch and dinner must have an equal portion of food. Lunch and dinner is the time that you can eat solid foods. You can choose more food choices in the HCG diet food list.
- In each meal, you must have 100 grams of lean protein, a serving of vegetables, and fruit. You can also eat fruits but make sure that it is on the diet food list.
- The fruits allowed on the HCG diet are few. This is because other fruits have natural sugar that may affect your weight loss. HCG diet fruits can also be a replacement for your unhealthy snacks.
- You are also not allowed to eat dried fruits or mix all kinds of veggies in one serving. You have to follow this protocol properly to help the HCG in burning your body fat.
- The HCG approved foods for protein sources are lean beef meat, chicken breast, shrimp, crab meat, and fish. Make sure to weigh it raw and the visible fats must be trimmed before cooking.
Dealing with sugar cravings during the VLCD of the HCG diet
Sugars are banned on the HCG diet because of its effect on your body. It can also affect the mechanism of HCG in dealing with your body fats. However, there are still cases that sugar cravings occur. In such situations you have to drink more water and wait until your cravings are gone. Do not drink fruit juices, soda, wine, and alcohol. Check food labels every time you buy foods and avoid any forms of sugar.
The approved sweetener on the HCG diet
Stevia is the approved sweetener for the HCG diet. This is a natural product, no calories, and taste as exactly as sugar. Stevia is for a guilt-free intake of sweet foods. You can also eat fruits such as apple instead of eating foods that are coated with sugar. Sugar, carbs, oil, fatty foods, and preservatives have a dangerous effect on your body.