Exercising is healthy when it is not done too much. This will help the HCG diet in balancing the calories in your body. The first thing you must do before you start the HCG diet is to have a weight loss goal. Your weight loss goal will be your basis on how long would you stay on the HCG diet. You do not have to do heavy workout routine to have greater weight loss on the HCG diet.
Exercising is not the main priority of the HCG diet. You can lose weight without any exercise routine. However, light exercises will help the HCG in maintaining your muscle mass. Some exercises will mislead you to gaining re weight. You have to be cautious in implementing an exercise routine. Make sure that it does not affect your HCG diet especially in your way of eating foods.
Tips in implementing an exercise routine during the HCG diet
- Plan your fitness program
The most known exercise on the HCG diet is yoga. This is a calm exercise that promotes relaxation and meditation which helps you deal with stress. You can do any of the light exercises allowed for you. However, you cannot do it all at once. Plan it properly to be able to implement the fitness routine without affecting your HCG diet.
- Do it lightly especially when you are about to start the diet
When you start your HCG diet, you have to focus on learning the protocol instead of exercise. This is because your weight loss does not depend on your exercise routine. But, it depends on how well you follow the HCG diet protocol.
- Opt to do the simple activity
The purpose of implementing an exercise routine on the HCG diet is not to burn fats but just to keep your body active. It must not compete in the consumption of your energy, especially during the VLCD. You can do simple activities such as walking around or taking stairs instead of elevators. It can help you exercise your bones and muscle in your leg. This is a kind of exercise where you will be not wasting too much energy, effort and time.
- Practice one exercise routine for the entire week
Have to choose an exercise routine so that your body will get used to it. You can do yoga for one week and swimming, walking, biking or jogging for the following weeks. This easy exercise routine has various benefits in weight loss. It is also great in boosting your metabolism and in renewing your mood. These light exercises are also helpful in lowering high-stress levels.
Implementing proper exercise gives you a long term benefit. Light exercises on the HCG diet helps in burning extra calories and it can also help in maintaining muscle health. Invest your time in the HCG diet. You can gain more energy to do more on your exercise routine after the weight loss process. Light exercise is not only a thing that helps you lose weight. You also have to take off the foods that are high in calories and choose nutrient-dense foods. You need also have to be careful of the liquid calories because it adds up your weight.
Some of the light exercises that are allowed on the HCG diet
- Running or jogging- Running or jogging is more beneficial than walking. You can do this in 10 to 15 minutes as soon as you are done with your breakfast coffee. You can do this activity in 2 to 3 times each week.
- Dancing- Dancing is a fun activity that will help you burn calories. It can also cause sweating and it is beneficial as running. You can do dancing at home or in a dance class session. Dancing can improve your body’s elasticity and strength. It can help you release tension and dull moments.
- Cleaning- It will help you move constantly. This will activate your metabolism. It can also give you a fun time and release your stress. Do not prolong your stress by doing light activities such as dancing.
- Swimming- Swimming develops strength and fitness to your cardiovascular organs. Swimming can also tone your muscle and it can also build up more strength. You can do 10 to 15 minutes swimming duration during your HCG diet. This can help you regulate your blood pressure and sugar levels.
Other tips that will help you lose weight during the HCG diet
- Watch out for salt
The more salty food you eat, the more water is stored. It is stored in various parts of your body instead of being filtered in your kidneys. Cutting back your intake of salty foods will show immediate results.
- Stop your intake of carbs
The more carbs you eat the more water and sugar your body stores. Skip whole grains, rice, pasta, bread, and potatoes during the VLCD. Carbohydrates are not allowed during the HCG diet because it can cause weight gain. You are allowed to eat healthy carbs after your HCG diet.
- Drink coffee or tea
Coffee will help in stimulating your metabolism. This is the best restart of your metabolic rate. Coffee has a fat-burning ability that helps during the HCG diet. Tea as well as the same effect with coffee. It can also improve your sleep which lowers your stress level.
- Do not skip meals
Skipping meals will cause your metabolism to slow down. This eventually triggers hunger pains. Skipping meals will cause nutritional deficiencies. It can also sabotage the work of HCG during your weight loss.
- Eat healthy foods
Green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits are the main sources of fiber. Fiber and protein can boost weight loss. This is because these macronutrients keep you full and it has low calories. Protein is essential in building lean muscle and preventing muscle loss. Healthy foods are easy to find and less expensive.
- Have enough sleep
Sleeping renews and promotes focus during the HCG diet. It can also promote proper metabolism. Sleeping can also stave off stress because it relaxes your mind. The proper time of sleep allows your body to perform proper and fats digestion.