Controlling your portion sizes is one of the essential things that you can do for weight loss. There are several plans that you can start applying today to help you control your portion sizes. Reducing food portions can lower the number of calories that you eat during the HCG diet. You can reduce your portion sizes without having to take appetite suppressants.
Your routine and habits can help you portion your foods while taking your HCG shots. Avoid the foods that stimulate your appetite or foods that spike your blood sugar levels. When you stimulate your appetite, you will tend to eat too much food during the VLCD. Controlling food portions while taking the HCG shots can give you an easy way to lose weight.
How to control your food portion during the HCG diet?
- Avoid eating junk foods- It has chemicals and compounds that trigger the reward center of your brain. Eating junk foods will increase your cravings for foods. Do not purchase processed and junk foods when you are on the HCG diet. Junk foods such as chocolate chips can spike your blood sugar levels.
- Drink a glass of water before you eat- Drinking water is a natural way of lowering your intake of calories. When you drink water 30 minutes before your meal can help you control your food portions. This technique is helpful as water takes off chemicals that cause hunger. Avoid prolonging your hunger so that it will not result in overeating. Prepare an easy-to-grab snack to have something to eat when you get hungry.
- Use smaller plates- An easy way to control your food portion is to have smaller meals. The use of smaller plates helps you control your food intake. It prevents you from digging more foods and filling your plates with food varieties. On your small plate ensure that you have an exact portion of lean meats, fruits, and vegetables.
- Eat more vegetables- One way of avoiding more calories is to eat vegetables. When you increase vegetable intake you do not have to worry about hunger. It’s because veggies have fiber content that improves your satiety. When you feel full, you are less likely to eat large meal portions. Avoid mixing different kinds of vegetables in one meal serving. You can mix them with lean meats but avoid adding salad dressings and sauce to it.
- Add larger protein portions- Increasing your protein portions is can help you avoid loading up on carbs. Protein can help you lose weight because it lowers bad cholesterol in your body. Protein improves fullness and can curb hunger. Lean protein options include beef, chicken, shrimp, fish, and lobster meat. To improve weight loss, ensure to take off all the visible fats of meat before cooking.
It may seem tedious, but portioning out your food can help you track your calorie intake. Food portioning indicates how much you are eating. Think twice if you want to load up more foods because eating too much is a consequence. Take HCG shots every day because it helps in suppressing your appetite.