A “good night” sleep is important for your body. It can help you alleviate anxiety and high-stress levels. Sleeping can also improve your memory and focus. This gives you a boost in your mood and thinking. That is why good sleep is important during the HCG diet. This will help you focus on the dos and don’ts the protocol. Thus, aid in reaching a greater weight loss.
What are the effects of poor sleep?
Lack of sleep can alter how your brain works. A poor sleeping routine will hinder your HCG diet. You will also experience multiple changes in your body. These changes can lead to weight gain. Lack of sleep can regulate your hormones and boost your appetite for unhealthy foods. Sleep deprivation reduces leptin ad triggers hunger.
How does lack of sleep affect the HCG diet?
Skimping on sleep makes your brain up to make bad decisions. This means that you cannot focus on your HCG diet properly. You tend to choose unhealthy foods to comfort your brain. This is because the reward center of your brain will be looking for comfort foods. It makes you choose to eat foods that are high in carbs, sugar, fats, salt, etc.
Poor sleep can also cause:
- Decrease work or productivity
Lack of sleep also triggers diseases such as:
- Heart diseases
- Depression and anxiety
Poor sleep makes you eat in the middle of the night. This is because of the frequent occurrence of hunger. It slows down your metabolic rate. Thus, stimulates your appetite and you will end up eating too much.
What will you do to improve sleep during the P2 of the HCG diet?
- Restrict extreme exercises to lower stress. Extreme exercises such as weight lifting are not allowed. To boost sleep you can meditate or just clear your mind.
- You can take a warm bath before you sleep. A warm bath gives you comfort and relaxation.
- See to it that your environment is pleasant. Be comfortable in your bed. Set the light off, dim, or to what you are comfortable with.
- Avoid doing works at night. Forget about your deadlines and other work responsibilities. Give your body time to relax and process things out.
- Do not spend too much time on social media or television. Decrease your exposure to stimulating content such as TV shows and the internet. Avoid devices such as cell phones, computers, and TV during night time.
- Do not eat a large meal. Maintain the 500 calorie intake per day. Remember that you are on the VLCD. Large meals will cause discomfort and indigestion.
Are you allowed to take sleep medications on P2 of the HCG diet?
Sleep medications are not allowed on the entire process of the HCG diet. The active ingredients of these medications can interfere with the HCG. Drink a cup of tea before bedtime instead of taking medications. Tea can boost your brain focus and alleviate stress. It has sleep-promoting compounds that can also reduce stress hormones. Make sure that you drink sugar-free tea to avoid weight gain.