There is an amazing variety of foods that you can have during the second phase of the HCG diet. The HCG diet has laid out its meal plan so that you can successfully lose weight. It has laid out a meal plan in the different phases of the diet. The most important part is the food choices you can have during the second phase. The food choices and meal plan is designed for the successful mechanism of the HCG.
What types of food can you eat during the VLCD?
The types of food you can eat during the VLCD are those that are low in calories. The very low-calorie meal includes foods that have no sugar, carbs, fats, and food preservatives. It is also recommended that you will buy organic or natural versions of food products. You can only eat 200 grams of protein per day along with one serving of fruit and vegetable in each meal. On the low-calorie diet phase, you can only drink coffee or tea for breakfast. You are not allowed to eat solid foods.
The food list during the second phase is limited. However, this does not mean that you will only be eating bland meals for the entire VLCD. This phase of the HCG diet is intended to give you a new perspective on what you eat. It can also help you let go of your unhealthy cravings and excessive intake of foods that are high in calories.
Shopping list for your VLCD
For strict compliance veggies you can have:
- Asparagus, beet greens, and chard
- Celery, cucumber, chard, and fennel
- Lettuce, radish, onions, spinach, and tomatoes
For alternate protocol vegetable choices you can have:
- Broccoli, Brussels, and sprouts
- Kale, mushrooms, and carrots
- Cauliflower, bell pepper, and zucchini
For strict compliance fruits you can have:
- Apple, orange, and grapefruits
- Strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries
For alternate fruit choices you can have:
- Peach, pear, and plum
- Unsweetened cranberries and lemon
Strict compliance protein choice
- Beef, chicken breast, and veal
- Whitefish, shrimp, crab, and lobster
For alternate protein choice you can have:
- Fat-free cottage cheese at least 100 grams
- Whole egg + 3 egg whites
Additions or condiments
- Coconut oil, lime juice, and curry paste
- Stevia and vanilla bean powder
- Melba toast and grissini
Other plan choices during the VLCD of the HCG diet
- Exercise plan– Having an exercise routine is permitted during the second phase. You can do light activities for your cardiovascular health. However, this is not fully required especially when you are hungry or tired.
- Follow the modern VLCD plan– This is all about the modern approach to VLCD. The modern approach allows more food choices and 700 to 800 calories per day. However, this approach will take you long before you will reach your weight loss goal.
- You can break your major meals- You can make multiple snacks out of your 500 calorie meal. This is done by dividing it into 5 portions so that you have something to eat all day. You can also eliminate anything that you are not hungry for.