The best snacks you can have when you lose weight are those that have protein. High protein foods can stabilize your blood sugar levels. It keeps you full longer until your next meal. Eating foods that are unhealthy can cause you to gain weight. Choose the foods that will keep you full until your next meal. This will help you in avoiding doing the “late-night snacking”. Protein controls your cravings and keeps you out from eating too much. Increase your intake of protein after your VLCD.
Protein that you can get from lean meat is helpful during the very low-calorie diet. It helps you curb hunger and cravings. Protein can also prevent bone and muscle breakdown during your weight loss. It keeps you feeling full longer and boosts your digestion. You can have protein in various cuts of lean meat such as beef and chicken. Some vegetables are rich in protein.
High-protein foods for P3 and P4 of the HCG diet
- Jerky– It is one of the best foods to grab in a bind. This will keep you full without adding to your waistline. The best option of meat used for Jerky is lean meat choices. Look for organic jerky or jerky that is made with all-natural ingredients.
- Low Fat String Cheese- This is allowed during Phase 4 of the HCG diet. It is an excellent high protein snack that doesn’t have too many calories. It has about 9 grams of protein. It has several new options available such as low-calorie packs. You can include string cheese in your vegetable or fruit snack. However, you have to be careful in tracking its calories.
- Hard-boiled eggs- Hard boiled organic eggs are the best choice for your breakfast. Eggs have a B-vitamin. It is important for energy production during your weight loss maintenance. Eggs can also improve your cognitive function. They are the perfect breakfast food and they are rich in protein.
- Fat-free milk- Fat-free milk is recommended on the HCG diet as a protein replacement. Make sure that the milk is also sugar-free. You can have organic milk is always a better option since it will be free of hormones or antibiotics.
- Avocado- These are perfect in setting your body for weight loss. Avocados are filling foods that help in curbing your hunger. It is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids that maintain your cardiovascular health. It keeps your heart-healthy and it helps in promoting healthy weight loss. You can have avocado as a substitute you’re your unhealthy snacks.
- Tuna- Fatty fish are great sources of omega 3 fatty acids. The widely known fatty fish that helps in weight loss is Tuna. Fatty fish is linked to helping in keeping a healthy weight loss. It is also helpful in fighting against other problems that are linked to metabolism. This is also known to be protective against cognitive diseases.
- Peanut butter- this is high in protein. A handful of peanuts can be a good choice for a snack. You can also add peanuts to your vegetable serving on the P4 of the HCG diet. It helps in lowering blood sugar levels. It is also good for maintaining healthy blood pressure and a stable level of cholesterol.
Guidelines for the P3 and p4 of the HCG diet
- Eat organic food
These are more nutritious than the common products. Organic foods are guilt-free too. It has more health benefits such as keeping your blood pressure and sugar levels.
- Cleanse through hydration
Water is important even after your HCG diet. This will wash out toxins, excess calories and burned fats out of your body. Water is also helpful in cleaning your kidney.
- Do not skip your meals
Meals are important especially breakfast. Skipping meals can cause extreme hunger. This will cause you to overeat in your next meal. The foods are important for the supply of energy in your body.
- Avoid eating on fast foods
The foods in the restaurant and fast foods are loaded with unhealthy ingredients. Cook at home and prepare your meal.
- Read food labels
Reading food labels will help you avoid unhealthy food chemicals. This will prevent you from loading too many calories, sugar or carbs.
Phase 3 and Phase 4 allowed of the HCG diet
- Chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, and almonds
- Kiwi, peach, and watermelon, chestnuts
- Pork and beef meat, turkey and chicken
- Pecans, cashew, pistachios, walnuts, yams
- Acorn squash, macadamias, legumes and carrots
- Yogurt, milk, mustard, and peanut
- All kinds of cheese, heavy cream, and parmesan
- Mango, banana, apple, plum, and grapes
- Whole wheat pasta, rice, and oatmeal
Phase 3 of the HCG diet
Phase 3 is known as the stabilization phase. This phase is not about losing weight anymore. But, this is about stabilizing your weight loss as you introduce more foods on your body. You have to be careful during this phase because you will likely gain weight easily. Be watchful with your intake of calories as well as the food portion to avoid sudden weight gain.
The usual duration of phase 3 lasts for 21 days. Your metabolism will get complicated if you fail to complete the 21-day duration. Spend a great deal of time to adjust from real foods. Observe each food choice that you eat and see if it causes weight gain. To succeed in your stabilization phase you have to be watchful in loading.
Phase 4 of the HCG diet
Phase 4 is known as the phase for a lifetime. This comes after the 21 days weight loss stabilization. This is when you completely reach your weight loss goal and you have just to maintain it. You can now eat real foods including sugar and carbs. However, you still have to avoid unhealthy food choices that cause you to gain weight. You can also add back healthy and fatty foods during this phase.
Continue to eat healthy and organic food choices as you increase your caloric intake. Keep off your indulgences of foods because even organic foods have calories. You have to eat normally, load on the reasonable portion as you maintain your weight loss. Do not hesitate to do correction days in case of unusual weight gain.