The guide and information about the HCG diet are giving you significant assistance. It guides you about outlining Phase 2 and what to eat during this phase. This also has specific guidelines on the dos and the don’ts during the very low-calorie intake. Thus, helps you throughout the duration and food selection in the overall process.
Phase 2 of the HCG diet is designed around to boost your metabolism by controlling your food intake. This period of the HCG diet enables you to develop discipline in eating and getting the right food portion. Without phase 2, your weight loss goal is out for nothing. You cannot lose weight significantly or even begin the work of HCG in dealing with your body fats.
The food selection during Phase 2 of the HCG diet
- The foods you are supposed to eat- The food selection during this phase is limited only to the low-calorie content. The foods allowed are whole or organic such as fresh fruits and vegetables. This is carefully selected to avoid interfering with the work of HCG in burning your body fats.
- The foods you must stop eating– There are foods that you must stop eating when doing the VLCD. You have to avoid eating processed food products that contain several ingredients. Avoid eating canned foods, preserved meats, sausages, pizza, and burgers. Most of these food choices are the cause of weight gain. Unhealthy food choices also trigger diseases.
- No carbs and sugar- Select the foods that do not have any amount of carbs and sugar on it. This is one of the most important tips you must remember when you go to grocery stores. Carbs and sugar interfere directly with the HCG. It stops you from losing weight. Sugar and carbs also stimulate your appetite and trigger cravings. Thus, deposits more stubborn fats in various parts of your body.
The ideal foods allowed during Phase 2 of the HCG diet
- Lean chicken, beef, and fish meat
- Shrimp, crabs, and lobster
- You are also allowed to eat boiled eggs occasionally
- Asparagus, beet greens, celery, and cabbage
- Lettuce, cucumber, fennel, and onions
- Radishes, spinach, and tomatoes
- Kale, cauliflower, zucchini, and sprouts
- Mushroom, capers, and bell peppers
- Apple, peaches, and pear
- Oranges, grapefruits, and strawberries
The HCG diet phase 2 fruits are only limited because other fruits have sugar content. You can have these fruits as a replacement for your unhealthy snacks. The HCG diet approved fruits can help you stave off physical hunger in between meals.
The duration and time in Phase 2 of the HCG diet
The duration and time in Phase 2 are usually from 3 to 6 weeks. You can spend longer if you want to lose more weight. This period gives an impact to your body as you are maintaining the diet hormone. Stick to Phase 2 to ensure your metabolism rises as the HCG controls hunger and appetite. Take note that the duration you will spend on Phase 2 depends on your weight loss goal.