Making it through from the first phase of the HCG diet until the last stage is a lot of courage. This is a rewarding phase because you have completed the diet protocol and you have also reached your weight loss goal. This is known as the weight loss maintenance or the lifetime phase. During this phase, you are already allowed to eat any foods as long as you do not go back to your unhealthy eating style. This stage of the HCG diet is when you are already flexible and knowledgeable about the proper ways to have a healthy weight.
Is weight gain still possible during the P4 of the HCG diet?
Yes. Weight gain is still possible during this phase if you go back to your unhealthy eating habits. Weight gain happens when you eat an excessive amount of foods that have high-calorie levels. The foods that are also deep-fried or highly processed can cause weight gain. Do not be complacent when you reach this phase because you might end up wasting your money and time. Continue to eat healthy to catch up on your weight loss. Take note that you are still in the track of the weight loss. You cannot just spend money and effort to lose weight and gain it back.
How many calories you must-have during the P4 of the HCG diet?
You can load on more calories as long as you do not go beyond what is in the border of being healthy. Do not invest your time, energy and money to the things that will cause you to gain weight. This means that you must have a balanced diet. Limit the foods that are high in calories but do not deprive yourself. You can eat as much real food as you can as long as it belongs to the group of healthy foods. Learn to limit your intake of high-calorie foods such as sugar and starch.
Slowly introduce starches and sugar because these are the foods that have become an alien for the body. You have to be cautious not to gain the weight back. The healthy lifestyle and proper eating choices must be continued and must be your new habit. It keeps the body healthy and makes you live longer and healthier. You can also consider doing the steak day twice or thrice a month. This is to keep the weight stable and help the body burn calories.
Consider having an exercise routine during the P4 of the HCG diet
Your exercise routine will help in burning excess food calories. It allows you to move frequently and activates your bone and muscle. You are allowed to do more of your exercise routine to help burn extra food calories. You do not have to exercise for too long or overdo it. The important thing is you are doing a quality workout routine that helps your health. However, you still have to make sure that you are not hungry or tired when you do exercise. Below are simple steps in maintaining a proper exercise routine during the P4 of the HCG diet.
- Maintain it weekly- Do not wait for a longer time before you will do exercises. This is because if you rested longer, your body might not get used to it. You are allowed to do any kind of exercise as long as you will not do it all at once. This means that you only have to do 1 type of exercise for the entire week. Moving through on your workout will help you maintain your metabolism.
- Do not do it if your stomach is empty- Empty stomach while exercising will run out your fuel. Running out of fuel will cause extreme hunger and will cause you to eat too much on the next meal. Your muscle will lose glycogen if you do not eat. Make sure to load on healthy food choices even if you are done with the HCG diet. See to it that you bring water with you to avoid dehydration.
- Increase your exercise duration-This is a way of boosting your metabolism. Increasing your light exercise can also burn extra fats for several hours. You are allowed to do weightlifting but in a disciplined way. You cannot lift heavy weights when you are tired, hungry or emotionally unstable. You can also try group fitness program so that you will be motivated to do more.
- Stretch before exercising- Stretching builds your muscular integrity and will also promote proper blood flow. You can do jogging and alternate stretches for maximum calorie burning. Stretching out will allow your body to slowly work on burning calories. It maintains a healthy brain focus and low-stress levels. It improves mood and lowers the feeling of depression and anxiety.
Real foods that have low calorie for P4 of the HCG diet
- Chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, and almonds
- Pork and beef meat, turkey and chicken
- Yogurt, milk, mustard, and peanut
- Pecans, cashew, pistachios, walnuts, yams
- All kinds of cheese, heavy cream, and parmesan
- Mango, banana, apple, plum, and grapes
- Acorn squash, macadamias, legumes and carrots
- Kiwi, peach, and watermelon, chestnuts
- Whole wheat pasta, rice, and oatmeal
Tips to remember during the P4 of the HCG diet
- Avoid eating on fast foods- the foods in the restaurant and fast foods are loaded with unhealthy ingredients. Cook at home and prepare your meal. It is healthier if you cook organic food products. Organic foods are guilt-free too. It has more health benefits such as keeping your blood pressure and sugar levels.
- Cleanse through hydration- Water is important to wash out toxins, excess calories and burn fats out of your body. Water is also helpful in cleaning your kidney. It also keeps your stomach full and helps you control your intake of calories.
- Do not skip your meals– Skipping meals can cause extreme hunger. It is not allowed during and even after the HCG diet. Skipping meals will lead to lack of nutrients and low energy levels. This will cause you to overeat in your next meal. The foods are important for the supply of energy in your body.